Nick Shabazz gets his own SAK design.

Really like the design, but I hate that it's a BHQ deal, as they hate foreigners. Well, apart from the ones with a big following on youtube. But that's neither here nor there.

Didn't he say that some other youtubers also had gotten their own designs?

It isn't his own design. It is a basic SAK with his own scale graphics and screw on scales. It is the current rendition of what used to be known as a marketing knife. Victorinox does them all the time. I like Nick and his reviews, but this isn't something I can get enthused about.

If you didn't tell me that was a Nick logo, I wouldn't have known.

I like the Birdshot one too.

I don't want Talons face on a knife.

2/3 aint bad. But I'll stick with my solid color classics.

I ordered one . I have carried the swiss lite for over 22 years . Only bought it because of nick
On being a special knife , victorinox has made thousands of different scales.

Jake

It isn't his own design. It is a basic SAK with his own scale graphics and screw on scales. It is the current rendition of what used to be known as a marketing knife. Victorinox does them all the time. I like Nick and his reviews, but this isn't something I can get enthused about.
The screws are just a graphic, but overall I agree a classic with his particular graphic us not his own model.
Honestly out of all I'd choose his if I had to, he's kind of funny though doesn't fall into my side of the knife hobby so I don't watch his videos.
The others one I don't know and the other I have seen once or twice.

I'm just glad Gideonstactical didn't get one but wouldn't mind of Cutlerylover got one.

That's not even a "knife" that I'd consider carrying.

The smallest Swiss Army Knife in my kit is an Explorer. It's got all of the tools that I need/want in a SAK and I've got 4 or 5 of them stashed in various places, including my kitchen

Humility aside, with all the criticisms (and praise) he heaps on knives in his reviews, I think it would be very easy for Nick and a cooperating knife mfg to create a NS modified version of any knife that he has reviewed. Designing a knife from scratch would be another matter, but I would be curious what a NB modified knife would look like and if the public thinks it's any better than the original.

Last edited:
I think the fake scale screws are a bit of an in joke for the channel followers in the same way Athlean-X a fitness YT'er always bangs on about internal rotation of the shoulders.

THANK YOU.
Now I don't have to say it.
Should have been a very minimalist SAK Cybertool with torx for other knives etc and a nail nick tool rather than can opener.
Hahahaha open one nail nick to open another nail nick . . . I need mental help . . . what am I thinking ? :(
( Although there is a knife or two with 9 /10 pull I could use it on )
PS : there can never be too many Nicks ! (aaaannnnnngetit too many Nicks ?)
PPS : add a tiny brush that folds out to clean lint out of back locks. ;) :thumbsup:

I would be curious what a NB modified knife would look like
Oh me too ! ! !
We need to get him on here and find out.
From the YouTubes I'm thinking I would like it. One exception might be the wide flat handles. Last I saw he went for a Chapparrel over his famous all time best EDC (for us City Slickers) the Delica.

Lets see if I can give him a check list he can yay or nay :
  • Drop shutiness of a Graham Razel
  • Smoothness of a Slysz Bowie
  • Blade size of the Delica
  • Thinness of the Chaparral
  • ??? lock ? ? ? what lock does he like the best ? ? ?
  • ? ? ? handle material ? ? ? he is OK with FRN but goes for a lot of Ti
  • Handle length of the Chaparral ( I remember he liked that a lot; personally I still prefer the blade to handle ratio of the Delica)
EDIT how could I forget :
  • Acid green SKULLS !

Last edited:
Ordered one right away. Havent played with a newer Victorinox and I really enjoy Nicks reviews. Not exactly gonna be an edc item for me but its fun and sometimes I need a little joy in my life. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Back