Off Topic Ninja's kinda legit??

Ninjas had honor, just not codified the same way as the samurai, who thought the ninja's unlimited methods of warfare were not honorable. Ieyasu Tokugawa's right hand man, the ninja Hattori Hanzō served him honorably, for example.
So you mean samurai didnt appreciate that ninja would assassinate people were as samurai fought 1 on 1 for honor sorta thing?

Everything fun gets rejected by OSHA. They're the fun police. Since OSHA disapproves of all things ninja, it follows that ninjas, ninja gear, and ninja tactics are extremely fun.

By denying ninjas and ninja things, Reptaronice1 essentially becomes an agent of OSHA, and a destroyer of fun.

What if osha is actually populated by ninjas making sure that we think ninjas don't exist. Or big foots... Could be a cabal of those hairy punks also...:eek:

So you mean samurai didnt appreciate that ninja would assassinate people were as samurai fought 1 on 1 for honor sorta thing?

Yes something like that, but there is also a lot more to it. The thing about ninjas is that when it comes to completing a mission, they use any tactic or weapon or technique that works, assassination or otherwise. Pure practicality, without limits.

Look, Reptaronice1, you just need to accept that ninjas were real, ninjas are real, they use short straight-ish swords with large square handguards and use shuriken, and that they're basically exactly as portrayed in cinema and in cartoons. That's a good starting point toward understanding the Art of Ninjutsu and the mindset of a Shinobi.

Getting drunk and killing with impunity anyone who wants to cross a road, yeah, the samurai were a really honorable bunch. Of course, bad apples and all that. But I'm a descendant of dirt farming immigrants, I'm not so much on the side of feudal lords. The concept of making change by force is still distasteful to me, but under a feudal system, I can understand a mythology being used as a check against untempered power. Be a good lord or the ninja will get-cha. I can see the appeal of making sure that mythology seems real enough to the ruling class.

Yes something like that, but there is also a lot more to it. The thing about ninjas is that when it comes to completing a mission, they use any tactic or weapon or technique that works, assassination or otherwise. Pure practicality, without limits.

Look, Reptaronice1, you just need to accept that ninjas were real, ninjas are real, they use short straight-ish swords with large square handguards and use shuriken, and that they're basically exactly as portrayed in cinema and in cartoons. That's a good starting point toward understanding the Art of Ninjutsu and the mindset of a Shinobi.
Ya they were real but didnt wear all black lol and ninjato were never historically proven but ill agree to the rest.

Getting drunk and killing with impunity anyone who wants to cross a road, yeah, the samurai were a really honorable bunch. Of course, bad apples and all that. But I'm a descendant of dirt farming immigrants, I'm not so much on the side of feudal lords. The concept of making change by force is still distasteful to me, but under a feudal system, I can understand a mythology being used as a check against untempered power. Be a good lord or the ninja will get-cha. I can see the appeal of making sure that mythology seems real enough to the ruling class.
true

Ya they were real but didnt wear all black lol and ninjato were never historically proven but ill agree to the rest.

They wore black when it suited them and the situation. They wore whatever was best and/or necessary. But you're right in that the standard ninja suit was not black, it was very dark blue which is harder to see at night than black.

This Ninja stuff is more complicated than you make it out to be.

This Ninja stuff is more complicated than you make it out to be.
Thats why im just sharing the limited knowledge I have. Historical things always have lots of info to them and it would take a long time to cover it from a to z. Btw what katana brands do u like.

They wore black when it suited them and the situation. They wore whatever was best and/or necessary. But you're right in that the standard ninja suit was not black, it was very dark blue which is harder to see at night than black.
Black is also a notoriously tricky color to create when to comes to dyes, and oddly in the dark, certain "shades" of black can sometimes be more visible in dim light, depending on the color of the ambient light.

Black is also a notoriously tricky color to create when to comes to dyes, and oddly in the dark, certain "shades" of black can sometimes be more visible in dim light, depending on the color of the ambient light.

Exactly!

But how much would you need to dye a full set of clothing?

Just one.

YA9rrDX.jpg

This is getting a bit tedious, so I'll just answer the question directly, OP. Yes: ninjas are kinda legit. They were legit, they are legit, they will continue to be legit.

A good documentary appeared in 1985 that shows how effective ninja skills and methods can be even in today's world going up against modern military weapons.
It's called "American Ninja".

--"What the hell happened out there?"
--"Sir, have you heard of Ninjitsu?"

Back