• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad NJBillK

Another minor update before I leave on a work trip. The machetes should be getting finished up any day now and I'm just waiting on tracking per Bill's messages two weekends ago. Haven't heard much from Bill so I'll assume he's killing it at work still and taking care of the fam. Hopefully he's finished up by the time I get back in 1.5 weeks and only needs to ship, or maybe they're already boxed up and waiting for me to get home so they aren't sitting on my porch while I'm gone.

I've changed the status of the thread to bad. I've had trouble reaching @NJBillK again. The machetes were supposed to have shipped a couple weeks ago and I haven't heard a response with an update in the past week or 2, when I would have expected them to arrive assuming a week or so for delivery.

At this point I'm pretty much writing the machetes as a loss as I'm tired of trying to get information and fighting to get them back. Luckily they weren't that expensive, they had seen a fair amount of use, so I'm not out a lot of money.

Last edited:
Chad and I have been in contact, and a quick word of advise has come from this experience.

- If you are involved with anyone for some custom work...

...don’t let it be you doing the work? I’d say that’s fair advice at this point. Thank you for the heads up :poop::poop:

Last edited:
Shoot, that's a bad deal. I know moving across country has to make even an organized person hopelessly out of sorts for awhile.

I wanted to help Bill get started on his watch journey and told him there were no strings attached for a couple of pretty nice watches that I sent him due to a comment made through the PIF thread. He decided to offer his services in the PIF thread in exchange for the watches and that is where the OP comes in.

Bill did make a generous offer to do something for me in return but that never materialized. I offered the watches without strings so I am not upset that I didn't receive anything in return, nor have I ever asked Bill about it. I didn't gift the watches with expectations but once he offered services to others, I do have expectations that those individuals would be taken care of. I am disappointed that another member has problems that he shouldn't have due to my indirect involvement. The OP is out 2 machetes because I sent Bill a couple of watches. That kinda sucks and I feel compelled to apologize to bikerector even though I am not the one with his machetes. My sincere apologies bikerector.

I am in no way dog-piling on Bill and really hope that there is just an extreme and unintentional delay due to a chaotic move.

Shoot, that's a bad deal. I know moving across country has to make even an organized person hopelessly out of sorts for awhile.

I wanted to help Bill get started on his watch journey and told him there were no strings attached for a couple of pretty nice watches that I sent him due to a comment made through the PIF thread. He decided to offer his services in the PIF thread in exchange for the watches and that is where the OP comes in.

Bill did make a generous offer to do something for me in return but that never materialized. I offered the watches without strings so I am not upset that I didn't receive anything in return, nor have I ever asked Bill about it. I didn't gift the watches with expectations but once he offered services to others, I do have expectations that those individuals would be taken care of. I am disappointed that another member has problems that he shouldn't have due to my indirect involvement. The OP is out 2 machetes because I sent Bill a couple of watches. That kinda sucks and I feel compelled to apologize to bikerector even though I am not the one with his machetes. My sincere apologies bikerector.

I am in no way dog-piling on Bill and really hope that there is just an extreme and unintentional delay due to a chaotic move.

No worries on your end and I certainly have no ill will against Bill either. It seems like he's in a tough spot and I hope to receive the machetes eventually and I will certainly report back on what I receive as I think if the quality is still good it deserves mention. However, looking at this like a business transaction of sorts, I will not be doing business with him again. I hope he is able to recovery from his current situation and get back on the horse.

I think he overwhelmed himself a bit and I got the short end of what he needed to do to get the more important things in life sorted out. I do think the communication was a big fail as I like to believe I'm flexible and reasonable and that we could've worked something out to string the work along for a bit while he works through the situation, or simply mailed the unfinished project back on my dime.

I've already replaced the tools I sent him as I needed something to work with while waiting and after getting a used condor warlock recently to replace the condor golok Bill has, I've filled in the gaps for trail maintenance blades I want to have at my disposal.

Last edited:
Back