NKCA??

What has happened to the NKCA? When I google them I get an assortment of websites and Facebook pages that seem to be several years old, or some blog about beards and SEO. Did they fall apart? I was hoping to get info on their shows--they held them in Louisville fairly frequently, or at least they did several years ago.

It's gone. They really stopped having any internet presence by late 2014, the museum's collections were supposedly donated to other museums (no idea if this actually happened, I've heard a few nasty rumors). A bunch of people got stiffed out of money for club knives, and the state of Tennessee official dissolved their museum/association status.

Many years have passed since the days of the Butch Winter articles and the slick publication I received every month; I was/am still a Life member..The NKCA became a slick scam by a series of office managers and presidents and sgt. at arms and various other 'officials' who helped to bankrupt what was a 3.500 member organization with a brick and mortar, state of the art museum that i am grateful to have visited once. Jim Parker, bless his soul, bought the land for 50 thousand and built the museum. The thieves and scoundrels; yes you heard right, going back to the thief who never delivered the pearl handled 'club' knife forced the closure of the museum and the sale of the museum property for 1 million, all of which went to pay the NKCA's debts. They should all have been 'hung'; both men and women! My last conversation with LeRoy, a banker who did his level best to try and straighten things out, was dismissed and told to mind his own business by the 'elected' officials. Charlie was a useless bum who refused to turn over the tax records to me when asked numerous times. Perry inherited the mess and bowed out. Greedy rotten bums, I now sit looking at the first, 1975 club knife sold to me for $12. and the 1977 club knife, a gun boat canoe! I wish the devil to those who ruined this organization; they know who they are.

Back