No Blade Stamp

About 3 yrs. ago I ordered a Steel Heart direct from Busse Combat. After about a month I checked on my order and found out it was shipped to an incorrect address in a different state, not to AZ. A new knife was promptly sent and it is the BEST. There is however, no blade stamp or other markings identifying it as a Busse. Aren't his blades usually marked? This is a D2 Steel Heart. I wrote to Jerry, but never received a reply.
DaveAZ

They stamp there knives now but not sure about the older models. Yours sounds to be steril. Good if your a seal!!
smile.gif

I have an older A-2 Steel Heart II, no stamp. Just recieved a Badger Attack in INFI it also has no name stamp. I will be receiving a Mean Street next week, and let you know. If they are stamping their blades, that is new to me.

Many have no markings at all. Some of the custom pieces do have markings under the handle. Rest assured that it is a Busse.

To make certain you have a Busse just go outside and aim your knife at the nearest tree. If the tree hauls ass you can bet your ass you have a Busse
smile.gif

Look at me answering Andy's questions
smile.gif

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW RIGHT NOW! YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!
www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/001202.html

Hi, I bought a Mean Street from Andy Prisco some time ago & it also has no blade stamp. No big deal, but it did surprise me that there wasn't one. A Great Knife!

[This message has been edited by Hart (edited 02-04-2000).]

I did'nt leave for PA yet Mike...let me do my job
smile.gif

You answered the question right though. The majority of Busse Combat Knives are STERILE...why???, military customer demand.

Deviations in production flows, i.e. some knives stamped, some not, increases lead times..which is why Busse Combat selected sterility over stamping. He did'nt choose it because a production process was omitted...he did it due to customer demand.

It should be noted however, the collector grade BM was stamped with "INFI" on the tang and many of Jerry's older knives were acid etched. If anyone can find an OLD Busse with "G.P. Busse" on the knife, snag it. It's rare and valuable.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Thanks for the replies. On one of the other forums I read a reply that if the knife was marked Busse- it was garranteed for life. Got me thinking about mine not being marked. Thanks again - DaveAZ

Back