No Blade Swiss Army knife?

Getting ready to head back to work (7th grade Math teacher) and I have become accustom to having my Swiss Army knife with me at all times. Unfortunately I can't carry a blade with me while on school grounds.

So, is there a Swiss Army knife that has as many of these features as possible:
- fingernail file
- phillips head screwdriver
- flat head screwdriver
- toothpick
- tweezers
- scissors
- keyring

Thanks for any direction you can give me.

TripleB67

I've been thinking of having Robert Lessard make me something similar in titanium but it's low down on my projects list so I haven't reached out to him.

Also. it'll probably be pretty expensive.

Getting ready to head back to work (7th grade Math teacher) and I have become accustom to having my Swiss Army knife with me at all times. Unfortunately I can't carry a blade with me while on school grounds.

So, is there a Swiss Army knife that has as many of these features as possible:
- fingernail file
- phillips head screwdriver
- flat head screwdriver
- toothpick
- tweezers
- scissors
- keyring

Thanks for any direction you can give me.

TripleB67
I don't know of an actual SAK that's going to get you very far on that list. However, if you can be a little flexible, the Leatherman Style PS gets very close.

The list, per Leatherman's website:
  • 01Spring-action Needlenose Pliers
  • 02Spring-action Regular Pliers
  • 03Spring-action Wire Cutters
  • 04Spring-action Scissors
  • 05Flat/Phillips Screwdriver
  • 06Tweezers
  • 07Nail File
  • 08Carabiner/Bottle Opener
25_tools.png

The carabiner hook could attach to a key ring, so realistically, the only thing you'd give up is the toothpick, but in return you get pliers, which I do realize you didn't ask for, but can actually come in pretty handy.

Just had a thought.
Get the knife you want, then grind the sharp blade/blades into additional flat-head screwdrivers. :)
With a belt sander it would be very quick.
Could be done easily enough with a Dremel too.

You get all the tools and features you want, along with two extra screwdrivers!!! :thumbsup:
Perfect for all your screw-driving and ill-advised prying needs. :)

Great looking SAK...looks like what I'm definitely looking for to carry everyday. The only thing I would really miss is the fingernail file. I've bitten my fingernails most of my 51 years of life. Finally quit recently (in order to play guitar) and seem to always need a fingernail file or I will bite them. But I can just throw one in my desk drawer. Thanks for the link!!!

Get a SAK with all the features you want. Snap off the blade. Done.

That is painful on so many levels!!! :eek:

The list, per Leatherman's website:
25_tools.png

The carabiner hook could attach to a key ring.

That's awesome looking!!! Has so many great tools! The website doesn't show a blade but it almost looks like there is one on the right side behind the 4 circles.

Only concern with it would be it's about 3/4" longer than the SAK Jetsetter and about twice as heavy (1.58oz vs .776oz)

Nice catch on the carabiner attaching to my keychain!

Thanks for all the help and for everyone trying to find a variety of solutions...it's much appreciated!

TripleB67

Get the knife you want, then grind the sharp blade/blades into additional flat-head screwdrivers. :)
With a belt sander it would be very quick.
Could be done easily enough with a Dremel too.

Or like a peanut butter spreader or putty "knife" heck most are dull as dull can be.
. . . a small shoe horn ?
The possibilities are endless.
You may start a whole new "thing" like fidget spinners.

Great looking SAK...looks like what I'm definitely looking for to carry everyday. The only thing I would really miss is the fingernail file. I've bitten my fingernails most of my 51 years of life. Finally quit recently (in order to play guitar) and seem to always need a fingernail file or I will bite them. But I can just throw one in my desk drawer. Thanks for the link!!!

That is painful on so many levels!!! :eek:

That's awesome looking!!! Has so many great tools! The website doesn't show a blade but it almost looks like there is one on the right side behind the 4 circles.

Only concern with it would be it's about 3/4" longer than the SAK Jetsetter and about twice as heavy (1.58oz vs .776oz)

Nice catch on the carabiner attaching to my keychain!

Thanks for all the help and for everyone trying to find a variety of solutions...it's much appreciated!

TripleB67

I have that leatherman. It has no blade other than the scissors and has a nail file. It is quite small and very portable. The carabiner is also a bottle opener.

I bought a Leatherman PS (Style) specifically because it does not have a blade on it. I use the pliers a lot and sometimes do work in places that do not allow knives of any kind without a lot of hassles for me. If I really need to carry a blade, I will get permission. My other favorite is the Leatherman Ps4 Squirt that has a tiny blade on it. These are keychain type items.

Added: Even if you end up with something else, a Leatherman Style PS would be a good addition for your situation. They aren't expensive.

Last edited:
I have a Leatherman Freestyle PS. Lost my first one because the carabiner clip is pretty worthless. Other than that its a great little tool. Got stopped by airport security with it on my key ring. The TSA guy was genuinely curious about it. He had not seen one before, so I showed him all the tools and the tweezers etc. Very nice conversation with him.

One thought that would be easy and non permanent is to remove the blade from a leatherman Micra and replace it with an appropriate washer. I've even seen people put in a cut and shaped house key
They're widely available for $16-$20 and being scissors first they also don't look like a knife which is probably a real plus.

I usually gotta have to toothpick as well, but I really love my Micra and am okay with the fact that it doesn't have one.

This a TSA approved Wenger and a custom Lessard. You could probably carry more than one tool.

What model is the top knife? It looks like the SAK Nailclip 580 with the blade filed down (but it doesn't have a toothpick/tweezers).

Thanks to all for the input!

TripleB67

Back