No more free Deep Carry clips...

Maybe Benchmade will start selling axis springs as well, I've always wished they had sold clips and axis springs all along.
I would rather spend $5 on a clip or spring than ship the knife back.
I'm
I'm a clutz but agree, would like to try a spring..

jason on the benchmade forum just chimed in, says they’re rolling out a new hardware program that “allows you to buy replacement components if you want to change finishes, clip style, etc.”

said he’s not sure on the details but you should be able to find out if you call their CS dept

Does anyone know if the blade replacement program is still intact? That is the number one reason I pay a premium for benchmade.. If I jack up my blade, I know I can get another one for the reasonable cost of $25.00.

Does anyone know if the blade replacement program is still intact? That is the number one reason I pay a premium for benchmade.. If I jack up my blade, I know I can get another one for the reasonable cost of $25.00.
yep just got my triage sent back to me for broken blade and actually wasn’t even charged for the lengthy ish wait.... so still pretty damn good service in my opinion

Not a bad thing after all. I rather pay for the clips and the shipping too and get them when I want , rather then wait for several months (I am an international customer) for the free clips. I think that the knives should come either with a normal clip or a deep carry as options to choose from. Benchmade are not cheap after all they could easily accommodate that and save themselves and us all the inconvenience and to them additional costs. That is my 2 cts

It is not a bad move IMO. There are people who have been abusing the system by accumulating free clips and sweetening their sales at the Exchange by including extra clips. Nothing is free. Basically people who do not demand extra clips have been paying for those who do. I am all for paying a small fee and getting the clip sooner.

If Benchmade can drop the $30 blade replacement service and accordingly lower retail prices by 10% across the board, I am all for it as well.

I called yesterday to get a clip for my Dejavoo.
And I was told it is 2 free clips a year.

If Benchmade can drop the $30 blade replacement service and accordingly lower retail prices by 10% across the board, I am all for it as well.

If they drop the blade replacement service, I'm completely out. Dropping that service means Benchmade offers the same services as every other manufacturer but for more money. A 10% price decrease wouldn't scratch the premium they charge over similar knives from other brands. Add in questionable QC and gun gate...that's a loss in my book.

It would be really nice for benchmade to offer a spring kit . In it would be a clip of your choice , a set of omega springs and a set of screws. Price it fairly ! Sigs does this .

Jake

Occassionally there are posters here on Bladeforums who show off their free Benchmade clips mounted to other brands of knife. Some of those self-congratulatory posts have made me wonder the prevalence of such behavior -and when it would affect the rest of us.

I called yesterday to get a clip for my Dejavoo.
And I was told it is 2 free clips a year.

Seems fair to me. I just had them send me a new bugout clip and there was no charge, though I was asked to show a pic of my Bugout, since there's so much demand for the shorty clip, they're only sending them out to put on actual Bugouts. Still free though! :D

I’m ok with the extra clip charge, though if that is the case they should send a set with the knife. One deep carry, one black oxide style.

The blade replacement is a considerable loss, though. I don’t know why they’d change that That’s what makes Benchmade’s warranty amazing. I tend to carry mine a lot more because I know I can replace the blade if something ever happens to it. I hope that’s not in jeopardy.

I’m ok with the extra clip charge, though if that is the case they should send a set with the knife. One deep carry, one black oxide style.

The blade replacement is a considerable loss, though. I don’t know why they’d change that That’s what makes Benchmade’s warranty amazing. I tend to carry mine a lot more because I know I can replace the blade if something ever happens to it. I hope that’s not in jeopardy.

Sounds like the blade replacement is still in place, just a $5 price bump.

I think they are a decent company with a decent knife, I will still get another, if not ordering my favorite- SAK... and yes I am a conservative, retired military old guy, living in a big city but still think we should calm it down a bit....

Back