No more free Deep Carry clips...

If they drop the blade replacement service, I'm completely out. Dropping that service means Benchmade offers the same services as every other manufacturer but for more money. A 10% price decrease wouldn't scratch the premium they charge over similar knives from other brands. Add in questionable QC and gun gate...that's a loss in my book.
they won't drop the blade replacement.

Benchmade's warranty is what sets them apart. I agree that nothing is free and with Benchmade they have their warranty built into their price. 2 free clips a year sounds alright as well as a kit to change hardware, etc.

The blade replacement is a big plus for Benchmade if they ever dropped that I think they'd struggle. Similar to Esee and their warranty. You're buying insurance with you're knife that you're not getting from other manufacturers.

It sounds people do have their Benchmade blades replaced.

For discontinued models, I assume Benchmade will not be able to replace the blade, correct? If so, what would be the alternative by Benchmade?

It sounds people do have their Benchmade blades replaced.

For discontinued models, I assume Benchmade will not be able to replace the blade, correct? If so, what would be the alternative by Benchmade?

I think they'll replace blades in discontinued models until they run out. After that, I'm not sure.

I think that's still the case. Every once in awhile a spare blade shows up at the factory, or in someone's stash; I was very lucky to locate a 710HS years ago that was un-numbered but again it's rare.

I forget how much Cold Steel charged me for a new clip. It was like $7 I think.

I bought a used Recon 1 and it didn’t have the lefty clip.

I actually feel better that Benchmade charges for clips now, honestly.

I always felt like a mooch asking for free ones. I even bought some on eBay.

IMHO, all Benchmades should come with deep carry clips pre-installed.

Since that’s not the case, I believe if someone either registers a Benchmade knife or sends it in for service, they should be entitled to a replacement clip free of charge.

But, we all know that the Benchmade candystore has pretty much been wide open, and at some point, it has to come at a loss, especially with Benchmade paying for shipping as well. Yeah, yeah, their knives aren’t cheap. Agreed.

I suppose “it is what it is.”

If you send a knife in for service with the clip removed - it will come back with a clip installed. But the clip that was originally on the knife. Not necessarily a deep carry clip.

If you send a knife in for service with the clip removed - it will come back with a clip installed. But the clip that was originally on the knife. Not necessarily a deep carry clip.
Yes. However, from my experience with Benchmade, they will add a deep carry clip if asked, not solely what came on the knife initially. They just won’t add let’s say a Bugout clip to a 940. That’s because that clip is solely made for the Bugout, whereas the typical black oxide clip that comes preinstalled on a 940 is used on several other knives.

I just got off the phone with Benchmade customer service looking for 2 deep carry clips; one for a 940 and one for a 943. They are now $5 each. I guess the run of free clips had to end some time.
That's simply not true..They also claim to charge you $5 to return ship knives sent in for service but they don't actually charge anything..I'm not saying you are lying, just perhaps got a subpar experience with the service or customer service person..I just sent my 940-1 in for general maintenance & the deep carry clip they sent me twice was scratched so I asked if they'd mind sending another..I hadn't even shipped the knive & had two deep carry clips in the mail 3 days later..

They are, Benchmade's customer service is outstanding & the clip it comes with is not my favorite but they don't make a deep carry clip for the 940, per sea, they make a deep carry clip for a dirrerent knife that has the screw holes in the identical place..Works great, not charge..

It's not accurate; the guy is apparently still upset with the whole benchmade tools being used to destroy firearms & as a gun guy, I really got over that in about 1 minute..

They can keep em, BM gives money to freedom hating democrats.
Whatever; I am a kind guy, no I make a night not really as into Knives and I was over that whole thing in about five minutes. It's not like Benchmade came out and said we're going to save the world from those evil guns. It was a business decision. Get off your soapbox or don't

Whatever; I am a kind guy, no I make a night not really as into Knives and I was over that whole thing in about five minutes. It's not like Benchmade came out and said we're going to save the world from those evil guns. It was a business decision. Get off your soapbox or don't
I dictate I did not say that I am a kind guy I said that I am a gun guy

Benchmade does not charge anything for a pocket clip and you know that. You're like CNN fake news.

They might be changing that policy, Joe. There's a post on the company forum asking about this -- I'd link to it, but I think you have to be registered to read the forums there. If you're interested, it's in the "Benchmade Knives and Rescue Tools" section. At any rate, this is what Jason from Benchmade has to say (quoting from his post):

"There's a new hardware program being rolled out. It allows you to buy replacement components if you want to change finishes, clip style, etc.
I don't know the exact policies off hand, but a CS rep should be able to assist you with those types of questions."

I'm hoping that the clips stay free, but the times may be a-changin'.

I spoke to a young lady over at BM because, while lots of folks like the deep carry clips, I really do not. I asked if I would be able to swap out the clip for the standard "Emerson" style ones at a charge. She told me that if I send the whole knife in with a note to swap it for another clip, they would do a 1 for 1 at no charge. This did not include me sending the clip itself though. The current plan for me was to send in a couple of Presidio 1 models for new blades and I will just include the other knife with the package.

I kind of agree with some other folks that this is not really a big change. Other makers charge a fee for backup/spare/replacement clips, so it only makes sense that they do the same.

I spoke to a young lady over at BM because, while lots of folks like the deep carry clips, I really do not. I asked if I would be able to swap out the clip for the standard "Emerson" style ones at a charge. She told me that if I send the whole knife in with a note to swap it for another clip, they would do a 1 for 1 at no charge. This did not include me sending the clip itself though. The current plan for me was to send in a couple of Presidio 1 models for new blades and I will just include the other knife with the package.

I kind of agree with some other folks that this is not really a big change. Other makers charge a fee for backup/spare/replacement clips, so it only makes sense that they do the same.

I talked with BMK a couple weeks ago when I ordered two (free) deep carry clips. I even asked about the Bugout clips and the lady I talked to said she expected them to be available for others sometime in March.

As others have mentioned, $5 for a clip of your choosing is reasonable. I also think it makes sense to include both options with initial purchases.

Not going to complain about $5 pocket clips. I think they ought to just go ahead and charge $5 more per knife, include the two types, then, after a couple of years and massive trading around, no one would be asking for extra clips, they would just trade amongst themselves - just ramblin....
That's not rambling that's a great Idea Michael :cool::thumbsup:. Nothing like getting extra Stuff and it would probably cost them next to nothing to do it. BTW Thank you for your service Sir :thumbsup:

Seems fair to me. I just had them send me a new bugout clip and there was no charge, though I was asked to show a pic of my Bugout, since there's so much demand for the shorty clip, they're only sending them out to put on actual Bugouts. Still free though! :D
My Bugout came with a Deep carry clip installed, Is that unusual?

Back