No more free Deep Carry clips...

I just spoke to Benchmade CS to get a new clip. They explained to me that under their new policy, you get two free standard replacement clips for up to five knives per year, so 10 free clips per year. When they say "standard" clip, they mean the clip that originally shipped on the knife, so if it came with a split arrow, they'll send you a split arrow, if it's the bugout, they'll send you a bugout clip, etc.

I just spoke to Benchmade CS to get a new clip. They explained to me that under their new policy, you get two free standard replacement clips for up to five knives per year, so 10 free clips per year. When they say "standard" clip, they mean the clip that originally shipped on the knife, so if it came with a split arrow, they'll send you a split arrow, if it's the bugout, they'll send you a bugout clip, etc.
Thanks for the follow up. Sounds to me like they are just trying to limit people taking advantage of the system. I am guessing this will quickly settle back into a situation that is practically exactly as it has been for the last several years.

Bugouts have the new mini deep carry clip that are only available on that model and aren't being shipped out for other knives.
I have recieved mini bugout clips in the mail before.(for Free)
Now perhaps BKC is waiting on a new batch coming in.
So they can ship them out to you as requested

Last edited:
For goodness sake guy get you're point across properly.
I have recieved mini bugout clips in the mail before.(for Free)
Now perhaps BKC is waiting on a new batch coming in.
So they can ship them out to you as requested.
Cut out the crap please as its on becoming now.
Long live benchmade
Not quite sure what you are on about. The Bugout is the only production knife that has the mini deep carry clip (it is also available through the custom shop. I have emailed and called Benchmade multiple times in the last 3 months and they will not send out the mini deep carry clip unless you are asking for a replacement on the Bugout. Of course you could lie, but that isn't the way I want to treat a company that I respect.

Ok so now I could lie ,perhaps you want some photos to prove it.?
I'm A believer Yakkiebush and that is a nice BM line up you have their :thumbsup:. That is the same clip that came on my Bugout Gray. I know where your coming from being upset with the BM H8ters and all but most have a valid reason to be ticked off with the recent turn of events But those opinions should be voiced on the proper thread seeing that their at least two threads on that topic. It's getting tiresome and pretty Lame that an op cant ask a valid tech question without getting bombarded by 4 pages of anti Benchmade people so lets all simmer down and stick to the facts as we respond to the op's statement or answer his/her questions as best we can. :poop:! i'm starting to sound like my farther :confused:

This is what happens when a privilege is abused.
Nobody abused anything,I sent in an old striker for repair and asked for a clip ,and they sent these.
Now would you care for some ?
Not like I called every week for them.

Maybe you didn't but many have but that's just human nature. That's why McDonald's put the dipping sauce behind the counter o_O. I was going to order one for my Grizzly Creek, I just hope every didn't screw it up for me :mad:.

Thanks for the follow up. Sounds to me like they are just trying to limit people taking advantage of the system. I am guessing this will quickly settle back into a situation that is practically exactly as it has been for the last several years.

Yep, they just want to weed out the dolts that are gaming the system. Good for them.

I’m sure this has already been covered but with some of the previous posts questioning the validity of the pay for clips claims I can attest it is true.
I recently purchased a 940-1, called Monday to get a deep carry clip and was told it would be $5.
However, I was also offered a choice of the short,bugout style if I wanted. I asked about the free policy and was told that only applied to the original style clip and they would still provide 2 per year per knife.

I forgot the timeline, but I asked for a replacement for a scratched pc, and nicely for a dep carry.
I got 2 replacements and 2 dc, no questions asked - maybe the policy changed, maybe staff used to have the latitude to send out what they wanted before the policy change?

Back