No pics or PayPal in the Exchange??

Photos are only complicated to post if one is unwilling to put forth the least amount of effort to learn. There are even tutorials here to show how. Most of the time "email for pics" is pure laziness. If you can't be bothered to post pics, how can I trust that you can be bothered to follow through in other areas of the transaction.

No pics means I move on, like many good members here.

Almost exactly what I was going to say. Signs of a lazy seller is a precursor to unresolved issues. And I do pics the looong hard way....TinyPic....three steps, 30 seconds. Upload, copy code, paste code. Wheeew, I'm exhausted now. :D

2r2lzy0.jpg

Nerd is a term of endearment for people who unlike myself are computer literate. Your ignore button is not working dear.
I likely have you on ignore to ensure I remember to not to deal with you on the exchange, not so I don't see your posts.

It's quite easy to post pics here and it increases the likelyhood of selling an item. Take a look at all the responses in this thread if you don't believe.

hhmoore You mention your struggle, and I had mine. I just wonder why we need to struggle and how many are still struggling.

Last edited:
I likely have you on ignore to ensure I remember to not to deal with you on the exchange, not so I don't see your posts.

It's quite easy to post pics here and it increases the likelyhood of selling an item. Take a look at all the responses in this thread if you don't believe.

Just because I finally figured out how to post pictures doesn’t mean that I think that others are not struggling. If I were going to sell a knife, I would post clear photos. There was a time that I emailed photos before I figured out how to post them.
I don’t use a desktop computer for posting photos. It’s easier for me to use an iPad as a camera and a shot uploader.

Just because I finally figured out how to post pictures doesn’t mean that I think that others are not struggling. If I were going to sell a knife, I would post clear photos. There was a time that I emailed photos before I figured out how to post them.
I don’t use a desktop computer for posting photos. It’s easier for me to use an iPad as a camera and a shot uploader.
If I have a long review post, I'll post on a computer. But for a quick 3-4 photos it only takes a few minutes on the phone.

Hopefully those that struggle with pictures read this thread and realize it is quite easy to learn if one cares to put in the energy. Once learned, it's like riding a bike. And it seriously is not hard to learn.

They're probably trying to use smart phones or tablets, the touch-screen things, which are of the Devil. I don't see how ANYONE can get one of those things to work, let alone navigate through a photo posting process.

I recommend they just use a damn computer with a mouse to post the pics, and figure out just one photo posting process: a website called Imgur, which, once one knows how to use it, allows them to post all photos with ease. With a computer and Imgur.com, anyone can shitpoas- er, upload photos and gifs and whatnot all over the site.

The process on my phone is exactly the same as when I use my computer. Click Upload a File, browse for the pic and click it. Then choose full size or thumbnail and hit post reply. The only difference is I'm using my finger instead of a mouse.

There are three people selling knives I would buy in a heartbeat, at the listed price; and none of them has posted images. One didn't even mention them - I almost sent him a message that he'd forgotten to post pictures (somebody else had asked in the ad); but decided not to bother. His ad has been up for days, and he's reduced the price...if he's not smart enough to realize why the knife isn't selling, I'm not going to reward his lack of effort. (I've seen his ads before, and been interested before, but he seems to think people should buy sight unseen; and appears more willing to wait & reduce prices than provide pictures)

Well I was going to say earlier that even I can get photo's up with a little work, but I guess I was wrong. Sometimes I have a little trouble due to dial up and bad phone lines, but today was the worst and I have given up. Must have started loading 50 or more times and the best I could get was 80% before an error message.
But I fully agree photo's are needed as well as a good description. I see some ads that aren't much more than knife for sale

Last edited:
If people don't put pics in a for sale thread I don't buy. I consider it lazy and I have no interest in dealing with those folks.

Back