No School like Old School

Well, maybe not Truly let her go, but I’m always open to a loan program.

660 Ac is still a thing! My kids were confused when I explained that to them.

Gravelcub actually turned me onto the El Camino. Every Saturday there’s a car club that gathers near town hall. So we leave a little early for his baseball lessons to admire the rides and the first time he saw an El Camino, it was like Squints watching Wendy Peffercorn (Sandlot Reference) he’s been obsessed ever since. And as a bonus a showroom ready El Camino cost under 20K vs (my dream Chevelle) that runs 60K. So the El Camino is growing on me.

the 71 Pontiac Lemans is also a contender.

with a 80s Duece and a Half for the daughter.......

Well, maybe not Truly let her go, but I’m always open to a loan program.

Very generous of you my friend
I may need it for 69 months (Madagascar reference ;) )
I have always wanted one.
Man wouldn't that be a cool thing to re-imagine and Busse to release :) Bring on the Forsaken Holy Terror :)

Some of the old threads mention 25 made with 12 in micarta, not sure if it’s worth pressing but hey. A couple months wouldn’t bother me

Amazing Badger Gravelface!
I have been driving my old 54 Chevy since 74, my Dad and I converted it to a small block 350 and painted it in 79 or so, it's been an ongoing project since then. It's getting there again, new wiring, new 700R4, rebuilt 383 stroker. Still needs some glass, interior and paint. Not sure what I will do once I ever get it done...

That’s amazing! I want to get one for Gravelcub and I to work on so it’ll be ready in 3 years when he’s driving.

That would be great! Some of my best memories was of my Dad teaching me how to be a gear head. He’s with me every time I turn a wrench.

I used to run around in one of these Camaros with the Mickey Thompson sticking out the wheel wells a few inches. We ran the tires off that car, oh the good old days at 140 mph on the highway.

Of course. Those are absolute beauties!!!! Sure wish I was around for those days!!!
Surfsidemel

Last edited:
Last summer in the little western-slope Colorado town I live in, I pulled up next to this beauty, which was parked in front of a local restaurant. As I sat myself down at a table on the outdoor patio, I made some remark to the other diners about what a sweet ride it was.

A guy sitting with his lady at an adjacent table pulled a set of keys out of his pocket and offered them to me.
"It's mine," he said, "Take it for a spin".

"Seriously?" I said. "Yep," he said. "I like to spread the joy".

So I took it around the block, enjoying every minute.

I shit you not....

fpG443i.jpg

I want to say I've seen that car, driving down toward the main town, coming from an estate near a little ghost town by the name of Ashcroft???

View attachment 1538149View attachment 1538152

Just had the urge to play with a couple things collecting dust. And grabbed these 2 out from under a pile Fals, M14s and manky old cigars. Figure they’ve been soaking in a barrel of JWB long enough to keep the rust off and let them breath a little spring air....

A little Holy Tearer (Terror) because you just don’t see enough of these and the original Badger.
Cool badger.

Unfortunately this one is no longer with us. The pressure plate failed causing the flywheel to explode at 9,200 rpms while shifting into 3rd gear. Yes, I can provide a list of witnesses that will swear too the fact that it would pull to 9,000+.

Attachments

• Mustang (4).jpg
    Mustang (4).jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 5
Back