1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

No setup, just dump those pockets...

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Gary W. Graley, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    I wear these special Carhartt pants thanks to @ChapmanPreferred that made that suggestion, many pockets and very strong material all work together to keep things in place.

So tonight as I was changing out, I removed everything from my pockets and put into a pile on the table, not neatly but close together, as you can see, I carry a great number of knives, each has a purpose while a few are just making a cameo appearance, meaning I haven't carried in a while, or I am deciding which I like better and the extra pockets allow this convenience.

In this group you will see
    Comb
    Round zippered pouch holds two Moment lenses, the superfish took this photo
    Spyderco DoubleStuff 2, also thanks to @ChapmanPreferred too, picked up at Lewisburg PA show
    Manly Wasp in S90v thanks to @Lyubomir Trayanov
    Benchmade Mini Freek
    Benchmade Freek
    Buck 704v
    Tina 606 thanks to @harronek
    Pioneer SAK
    Executive SAK
    Fisher Space Pen
    Custom made pen by @rustysocket
    Thorfire flashlight
    Olight flashlight
    Whistle from Tops
    TigersEye worry stone thanks to @Win Heger and my grandson Ian :)
    coughdrop

and while that may seem like a lot, it carries well and the pockets help distribute things fairly evenly,

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

and of course that isn't everything I have with me, I carry a small travel case by 5.11, which carrys odds and ends that I won't dump out, would take too long to put back ;) suffice to say, several more folders, mostly SAK's and a Swiss Army Tool, a fixed blade, small paring knife for the lunch apple thanks again to @Win Heger and various cables, chargers and the like. It is a very handy bag!

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

So, that's it, for today, the two Freeks are battling it out to see which one will stay, right now I like both about equally with the larger Freek slightly ahead.

The folks at work always know, if something needs cut, Gary can help, or if they need a blade touched up right away, I have a sharpener at hand...

So, dump away folks !
    G2

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Yonose, sodak, Danke42 and 4 others like this.
  2. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Here's a couple of work dumps when I needed to go into a crawl space or working near a pit.

Good thread idea G2. 20181001_121706-2241x3984.jpg 20180212_095905-1494x2656.jpg

3. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Still have Thor there too, nice, glad I'm not alone in this carry scene ;)
    G2

Kreyzhorse likes this.
  4. RBid

RBid

Apr 6, 2014
    [​IMG]

Honest dump, minus keys and the phone.

5. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Good way to call it, and in my iPad satchel I also have that same Streamlight too, very good flashlight
    G2

RBid likes this.
  6. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Yes, thx again. I get lots of compliments on it and it's quite functional for retrieving my keys or hanging them up.

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  7. Old Biker

Old Biker

Sep 25, 2016
    [​IMG]

O.B.

8. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Lordy, I don't think I've ever carried more than one knife at a time.

fjblair, A.L., Prester John and 4 others like this.
  9. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    Gosh, not done one of these for a while. I usually have a keychain flashlight on there but it's broken. :(

[​IMG]

10. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    42147DA1-38DD-4F10-91E9-F745C9956534.jpeg I don’t carry much. Alox Cadet, Burt’s Bees chap stick & main blade in front pockets. Wallet & snot rag in back pockets. Handgun of choice on right side & keys get clipped to a belt loop with a mini-biner, but they're not technically part of the pocket dump, I guess.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  11. allenC

allenC

Jun 18, 2000
    [​IMG]

AK4789, FloridaBigFoot, fq55 and 2 others like this.
  12. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    This am heading out

Custom scandium ti 357
    Mont Blanc card and I’d holder
    Reading classes with Matt Martin Pen
    Spyderco Yojimbo in custom leather from WICEKLEATHER
    2 rings and a bracelet
    Omega on Croc NATO
    Monet Clip by Speidel
    Maxpedition horizontal phone case with Olight & IPhone X UAG case
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  13. rt dak

rt dak

Dec 29, 2015
    [​IMG]

Today's dump sans wallet and phone. Buck 110 Slim Pro, Pioneer X SAK, Classic SAK, Maratac AAA brass. This is my pretty much standard daily carry. The only thing that usually gets swapped out is the folder for whatever i'm feeling that day.

14. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Uh, I'm not wearing any pants.

15. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Hmmm I can’t quite hit the like button on your post, but glad you are able to join in.
    So, no neck knife either?
    :)
    G2

16. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2018
    17C3D7E1-140E-4C71-8140-3C70A57EA0ED.jpeg

Spikediesel, Sergeua, allenC and 2 others like this.
  17. NapalmCheese

NapalmCheese

Aug 24, 2006
  18. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    [​IMG]

This setup changes often but this is what I had today in my pockets.
    Levi's 569 jeans.
    Ezgo wallet
    Pulse x by @vandy_vape_official vape
    @knifeworksinc pm2 carbonfiner M4 sprint run (first batch)
    Lypsyl beeswax lip balm
    Pineapple aaa flashlight via @Massdrop
    Titanium & copper pen via massdrop favorite pen for penmanship. Can find out brand if requested.
    Key organizer forget brand its cheap carbon fiber
    Remove before flight tag
    Brass key separator via massdrop I can find brand if requested
    Almost $4 in quarters lol vending machine.
    Tried to avoid showing the keys cause they can be cloned via pictures.

allenC and Gary W. Graley like this.
  19. NapalmCheese

NapalmCheese

Aug 24, 2006
    Doesn't mean you don't have a pocket to dump...

20. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013

It's Sunday, my dude. I'm not going anywhere and everything is on the dresser. Bonus comfy dog in the shot so it's not just an empty pocket.

Lapedog, sodak, Superdave1 and 5 others like this.