1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

No Spyderco fixed blade salt models?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by ICCW, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ICCW

ICCW

Aug 6, 2010
    I'm from New Mexico so I don't spend a lot of time in salt water, but a good friend of mine from Rhode Island who has started ocean fishing called and asked for my recommendation for a good fixed blade knife that won't rust. His use of this knife isn't just for gutting fish; he wades into water that often has rip currents and if his waders fill with water, the knife will literally be a life saver. Being a Spyderco fan, I recommended a Salt series knife, but when I started looking around I could find only folders.

Am I missing something? Or does Spyderco have a good reason for not producing fixed H1 blades that a desert guy wouldn't know about?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

2. Picksmith

Picksmith

Sep 4, 2009
    The jumpmaster, aqua salt, caspian, rock salt, and warrior are H-1 fixed blades.

edit: Surprisingly, the catalog only has the jumpmaster and warrior. The caspian was an interesting looking dive specific knife, and I figured the aqua salt would be around awhile. It would be my choice.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  3. ICCW

ICCW

Aug 6, 2010
    Yes, the Aqua Salt is the one I'd most like to get for my friend. The Jumpmaster and Warrior are a bit too pricey for him. The Aqua Salt, Caspian, and Rock Salt are all discontinued.

4. tinwiskers

tinwiskers

Jul 10, 2008
    The aqua salt is a discontinued model so you'll have to find them on eBay or something but it's really a nice sized blade for utilitarian work