No Spyderco fixed blade salt models?

I'm from New Mexico so I don't spend a lot of time in salt water, but a good friend of mine from Rhode Island who has started ocean fishing called and asked for my recommendation for a good fixed blade knife that won't rust. His use of this knife isn't just for gutting fish; he wades into water that often has rip currents and if his waders fill with water, the knife will literally be a life saver. Being a Spyderco fan, I recommended a Salt series knife, but when I started looking around I could find only folders.

Am I missing something? Or does Spyderco have a good reason for not producing fixed H1 blades that a desert guy wouldn't know about?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

The jumpmaster, aqua salt, caspian, rock salt, and warrior are H-1 fixed blades.

edit: Surprisingly, the catalog only has the jumpmaster and warrior. The caspian was an interesting looking dive specific knife, and I figured the aqua salt would be around awhile. It would be my choice.

Last edited:
Yes, the Aqua Salt is the one I'd most like to get for my friend. The Jumpmaster and Warrior are a bit too pricey for him. The Aqua Salt, Caspian, and Rock Salt are all discontinued.

The aqua salt is a discontinued model so you'll have to find them on eBay or something but it's really a nice sized blade for utilitarian work

Back