No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surreal. I got a call from one of my bosses today, and was told to not report for work tomorrow. They're giving everyone the day off out of respect for the victims. I get it, but I would rather work personally.

Uncle E sure has been MIA these days.

Did an overnighter this weekend, got to try out my new hammocking setup for the second time.

7YjsXFH.jpg

Was set up next to the Carbon river (glacier-fed from the lowest-elevation glacier in the US outside Alaska) and it was almost white from sediment.

d0cPDEM.jpg

Got rained on, a lot; happens every campout we seem to go on this year. At least since it was almost July it wasn't super cold overnight like normal.

Quite the nice rig you have there. :thumbsup:

Those hammocks are a really comfy option if you find the right places to set up for sure. :thumbsup:

Now that I've got the underquilt (I was using a Therm-a-rest pad for bottom insulation in my last setup iteration) it's a bit more comfortable and all-around insulating; my issue this time was my heels had a little too much pressure on them when I had my feet out straight, I might need some kind of pillow for me feet or something (sounds pretty lavish but I had a hard time falling asleep because my heels were losing circulation).

I live in the PNW and camp in the national forests around Mt Rainer NP, no shortage of trees to hang from compared to the definite lack of flat open spaces for a proper tent.

Thanks man! The bug net's a bit much for true lightweight hammocking but it's a necessity during the summer/fall months.

Hope you're doing alright today, it sucks to hear about what happened to you and your workplace.
Thanks man. They gave us all the day off, out of respect for the victims. Tomorrow will be business as usual, except for where the shooting took place. It's still under investigation. Rumor has it, that the shooter was fired the day before, after working there for many years, although I'm not totally sure.

Now that I've got the underquilt (I was using a Therm-a-rest pad for bottom insulation in my last setup iteration) it's a bit more comfortable and all-around insulating; my issue this time was my heels had a little too much pressure on them when I had my feet out straight, I might need some kind of pillow for me feet or something (sounds pretty lavish but I had a hard time falling asleep because my heels were losing circulation).

I live in the PNW and camp in the national forests around Mt Rainer NP, no shortage of trees to hang from compared to the definite lack of flat open spaces for a proper tent.

Yeah some designs can feel very restrictive. I don't remember what the brand was we used (a buddies not my own) that had two points of attachment head and tow that were more comfortable because they spread the ends open a bit. I haven't used one in years but they would be a good choice for rough terrain.

Did an overnighter this weekend, got to try out my new hammocking setup for the second time.

7YjsXFH.jpg

Was set up next to the Carbon river (glacier-fed from the lowest-elevation glacier in the US outside Alaska) and it was almost white from sediment.

d0cPDEM.jpg

Got rained on, a lot; happens every campout we seem to go on this year. At least since it was almost July it wasn't super cold overnight like normal.
Cool setup King. I gonna have to step up one of these days and get me some proper hammock equipment.

Those hammocks are a really comfy option if you find the right places to set up for sure. :thumbsup:
One of the best nights sleep I ever had in my life was under the tin roof of uncle Eโ€™s shop during a big storm at a gathering. Hung high over the bucket of the tractor. One of the few times Iโ€™ve ever woken up feeling energized. Hammocks really do my back right. Iirc, @Dexwithers hung one up in his house for the same reason. Iโ€™ve considered it ever since but never got around to it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back