• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

i1m7rx693

cc5z7m02v

Posting Pictures - Photobucket

Open a free account at www.photobucket.com (or some other free web-hosting site)

"Upload" pictures from your computer/device to your Photobucket account using Photobucket "Upload" button in top tool bar and then the "Choose" button.

This last will take you to your Windows Picture page where you "open" a picture to upload it to PhotoBucket.

When the bar has filled, the picture is uploaded.

Left click on the small image of the picture that appears to the left.

A larger image will now appear to the right. Left click on the bottom "IMG" link. This is the "copy" step in Windows "copy and paste."

Go to your post here at BladeForums and "paste" the link in your post.

Save your post.

Better pictures help get better info.

DGrant09 that is fantastic that you got your order. I suppose he has to actually make a few people happy by finally providing what was paid for. I guess the point is what % of orders is he actually filling? If it is anything less than 100%, which I suspect its probably like only 10% then there is still a major problem.
Best of luck.

When Jeff/Gene was doing business as Karg Knives, I saw someone retrieve their knives from limbo about 3 years ago - Jeff sent them back with an apology letter. Someone on another forum got an Emerson back with with a botched regrind, and someone else got their Benchmade Skirmishes back. However, myself and many others were still outstanding. That 10% estimate sounds right, though it could easily be lower than that.
0VmE3gM.jpg

Last edited:
Hi folks, created an account specifically to reply to this thread (forgive me, I'm relatively new to the world of custom knives).

I was also scammed by Mr. Carte (Gene). I placed an order in October 2015 for one of their ENC fixed-blade knives. Having purchased a number of custom firearms/firearms products with long wait times, and being more-or-less new to the world of custom knives, I didn't find the wait time terribly discomforting. During this waiting period, I transferred out of the Coast Guard and into civilian life... the transition was challenging / time-consuming and caused me to overlook some of the warning signs that I was being duped.

This morning, after roughly 10 months and several failed attempts at contacting them via email, I decided to run a search to see if anyone else was experiencing similarly poor levels of customer service. That's when I stumbled upon this post. This is not the first time someone has tried to pull a fast one on me, but he likely would have been the first to successfully do so, had you not outed his personal information here (props to Pittknife on a job well done!)

Your posts made it clear to me, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that I had become the victim of a pyramid scheme. Perhaps that was not "Gene's" original intent (I can see how a failing business owner might be tempted resort to such practices to stay above water) but in the end, "Nocturnal Knives" was nothing more than a disgusting attempt to cash-in on an unsuspecting/reluctant customer base.

Luckily, I was able to dispute the charge on my credit card before this got any further out of hand. It's good to see that the knife community is every bit as close-knit as the firearms community! Thanks to all of those who took the time to provide input: chock up another potential victim saved!

To those of you still waiting on refunds/finished products, I wish you the best of luck; doubtless there's little I can do to help, but don't hesitate to send me an email if you think of something.

I wanted to circle back to this post.

I received an email today hat my dispute had been closed and notated to my account. I started looking at the information of who that payment was sent to, and PayPal had it going to IVAN Brown. So instead of it showing Nocturnal Knives, it had this person's name. Not sure who it is or the affiliation. Nothing was credited to my account, but I found the name interesting

I wanted to circle back to this post.

I received an email today hat my dispute had been closed and notated to my account. I started looking at the information of who that payment was sent to, and PayPal had it going to IVAN Brown. So instead of it showing Nocturnal Knives, it had this person's name. Not sure who it is or the affiliation. Nothing was credited to my account, but I found the name interesting

Ivan Brown, Ivan Black those are his other fake names he registered under. He had his paypal blocked so came up with some fake names etc and somehow got an account under it.

PROBATE COURT OF FAIRFIELD COUNTY, OHIO IN RE: Change of Name of: JEFFREY EUGENE CARTE TO: IVAN CHRISTIAN BLACK Case NO. 00069873 NOTICE OF HEARING ON CHANGE OF NAME Revised Code, Sec 2717.01 Applicant hereby gives notice to all interested persons that the Applicant has filed an Application for Change of Name in the Probate Court of Fairfield County, Ohio requesting the change of name of Jeffrey Eugene Carte to Ivan Christian Black. The hearing on the application will be held on the 14th day of April, 2015 at 11:30 o'clock A.M. in the Probate Court of Fairfield County, located at 224 East Main Street, 3rd Floor, Lancaster, Ohio 43130. Jeffrey Eugene Carte 7705 Pickerington Rd. Canal Winchester, OH 43110

Googled and found this bit about him and that fake name. He's trying to run away, despite what he told his Karg Knives customers years ago.

Well I guess that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that they are the same exact person!!! I don't see how anyone could have a doubt now. I can provide the email from PayPal with the name of needed

Googled and found this bit about him and that fake name. He's trying to run away, despite what he told his Karg Knives customers years ago.

Thanks for finding this bro, this pretty much was the last 1% of doubt anyone should have.

...and the debacle continues on Instagram. Six weeks ago "gene" / Jeffery Eugene Carte posted that all knives and refunds will be done this week. How much do you want to bet that doesn't happen.

...and the debacle continues on Instagram. Six weeks ago "gene" / Jeffery Eugene Carte posted that all knives and refunds will be done this week. How much do you want to bet that doesn't happen.

Wow, you're right. So many people are have been screwed by this guy are speaking up on his Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/nocturnalknives/. So much for turning over a new leaf!

Someone just needs to finally go after him legally or he's just gonna keep disappearing and reappearing as some other brand and screwing people over again

Wow. A lot has happened since I last checked on here. I'm in the same boat as most of you guys, waited a little over a year and finally asked for a refund 4-5 months ago and jeff/gene/Ivan has only responded to me once when I threatened to fly there and get it in person, he was quick to answer and said it would be in the mail in a few days haven't heard anything since. definitely a good way to be introduced into the custom knife world. I hope no one else makes the same mistakes I did.

Back