1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Heineken, Jul 1, 2015.

1. W. Anderson

W. Anderson Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Any word on being made right? He's been incommunacto with me and I'll be traveling through the SW USA next month. I'm sick of his S**t. Hope you're reading this, Karg, I mean, Carte, I mean Gene...

2. gdog363

gdog363 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2017
    f
    Would definitely recommend making a stop by his place, I was going to about a month ago until I had to cancel my trip to that area.

3. Apec

Apec

Oct 30, 2007
    I made a deal with him to take one of his fixed blades in exchange for losing my knife and forgiving the cash paid for modifying it. However, that was a few weeks ago and I have not seen anything yet. He told me that the knife was being worked on by a sheath maker. I'm going to give it 1-2 more weeks then I'll tell him to just send it without a sheath.

4. Apec

Apec

Oct 30, 2007
    By the way, he's not in Texas anymore from what I recall - should be Ohio

W. Anderson likes this.
  5. W. Anderson

Jun 22, 2016
    They probably ran the lying crook out of town.

6. W. Anderson

Jun 22, 2016
    Dude has been playing this game since 2011. I can't imagine that ANYTHING is on the up-and up.

moshow9 likes this.
  7. W. Anderson

Jun 22, 2016
    That's exactly what I did. No comms whatsoever since. If you get some play out of this let me know your strategy so I can apply it.

8. Apec

Apec

Oct 30, 2007
    Says he's sending it out. We'll see what happens.

9. Byeofcr

Byeofcr

Dec 27, 2013
    havent posted in awhile, but i followed his new page on IG. and we worked a deal on a FFTS .300 7005 AL scales etc.
    he sent and delivered as promised. got it today. and it is AWESOME
    have faith those expecting a package.

10. Apec

Apec

Oct 30, 2007
    [​IMG] Got the knife he promised

ShannonSteelLabs and W. Anderson like this.
  11. W. Anderson

Jun 22, 2016

Daaaamn. Didn't see that coming. Hopefully he follows up with me as well. I'm curious as to what you think of the knife. Do you intend to start a thread about it at some point?

12. Byeofcr

Byeofcr

Dec 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  13. Byeofcr

Byeofcr

Dec 27, 2013
    f it. i cant post a pic for shit lol

LCKT707 likes this.
  14. Apec

Apec

Oct 30, 2007
    Not quite my kind of knife, in looks or design/purpose. To put it in perspective, my favorite fixed blade is my Spartan Harsey Hunter, though at the moment my Spyderco Temperance 2, Survive GSO 4, or Bark River Bravo 1 get much more use.

I would rather have had the Emerson I lost and the cash paid to mod it. But I'll take this Nocturnal Knife over nothing, and it's about time I found closure to all this.

Good luck - keep checking in on him.

15. neffarious

neffarious

Jun 23, 2012
    It looks so damn stabby. Other than that? No idea what to use it for. I would sell it on ebay and make your ching back. I couldn't keep it after all the crap.

16. Apec

Apec

Oct 30, 2007
    Yeah. I'm just glad it's over.

fixed

Byeofcr likes this.
  17. Byeofcr

Byeofcr

Dec 27, 2013
    thanks man!

18. Tharris

Tharris

Apr 10, 2018
    Well, never imagined in a million years this is the info I would find after trying to track down "Ivan". He and his wife Lisa Carte made a custom rustic coffee table, book shelf and two end tables for our brand new home... and a took a $200 deposit for a dining room table they were "making". The wood on one of the end tables started to seperate so he picked it up to fix it. That was last fall. They were busy moving, his son got appendicitis, he was deathly ill in the hospital for months. You name it, I got the excuse. He FINALLY returned the end table. Left it on the porch with a note saying sorry he had to drop it off earlier than planned and that he would stop back with a check to refund the deposit. That was a few weeks ago. Needless to say I will be filing a claim in the Fairfield County courts within the next week. At this point I have no problem paying whatever court costs I need to in order to start getting this BS legally documented. So sorry for everyone who got screwed over by this low life. Smdh.

19. Tharris

Tharris

Apr 10, 2018
    Also, FYI they had me submits payments thru Paypal to his wife. All money was sent to Lisa Carte. He introduced himself as Ivan. Facebook account "Carl McSpackler" (that should have been my first red flag)

20. Tharris

Tharris

Apr 10, 2018
    You are 100% correct. Now hes moved to furniture. Read the latest post I just made.