• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

Wow. This guy is a real piece of work. I like how he promised an additional folder for those who have been waiting. He can't even fulfill the initial orders. How the hell can he double them. Real slick.

yep. i was thinking the same exact thing. talk about over promising and under delivering. amazing really. hope this fellow gets his stuff together and gets these people back their hard earned money, at the minimum,

Another week down and still nothing even after receiving another email that it was being done

Was told that PayPal is holding the refund (via a very long email). Talked to them and they said there is no hold nor has there been an attempt to refund it.

Was told that PayPal is holding the refund (via a very long email). Talked to them and they said there is no hold nor has there been an attempt to refund it.

In my experience, the longer the email, the more likely the contents thereof are a load of cow plop.

The one thing I don't understand is how he claims it takes time to transfer money from his bank account to paypal and filing disputes only draws out the refund process. When in reality it takes 3-4 days to transfer money from a bank account and most people don't file complaints because they can't (max wait times are supposed to be eight months and you can't file a dispute for any transaction older than six months). Has anyone got a refund yet?

The one thing I don't understand is how he claims it takes time to transfer money from his bank account to paypal and filing disputes only draws out the refund process. When in reality it takes 3-4 days to transfer money from a bank account and most people don't file complaints because they can't (max wait times are supposed to be eight months and you can't file a dispute for any transaction older than six months). Has anyone got a refund yet?

All of the claims these Nocturnal Knives people are making are just bullshit lies and stalling tactics. There is no point in trying to understand the false information being put out, it's simply false.

In the multi page email he sent me he listed people who had supposedly been refunded.

I just told the guy to be honest with me, if he wasn't going to do it, man up, tell me he wasn't and I would move on. But now people can know not to pay them unless it's ready to ship or stay away totally.

Hell Busse charges you $1 when you order then they don't charge you until it's done and ready to ship out

In the multi page email he sent me he listed people who had supposedly been refunded.

I just told the guy to be honest with me, if he wasn't going to do it, man up, tell me he wasn't and I would move on. But now people can know not to pay them unless it's ready to ship or stay away totally.

Hell Busse charges you $1 when you order then they don't charge you until it's done and ready to ship out

Bro, anyone reading this or the other numerous posts on Nocturnal knives and decides to purchase a knife from them, if the knife is ready or not is looking for trouble. The guy is a complete liar, it takes less than 30 secs for a refund to be issued in Paypal. I've refunded and had refunds sent to me in seconds. The only way that a refund doesn't work is if the person has no money to refund. In that situation they can just send you the money back through INSTANT payment via any other method paypal offers.

This is complete bull crap, and the audacity that Nocturnal knives thinks everyone is dumb is incredible.

Also, the guy is a complete liar, just look at what he posts about his knives are hand made in the USA, but somehow the reason the knives are late is because his vendors didn't get him the parts for the knife. So how can he handmake knives, yet he is getting all the parts made from outside, that is not handmade wtf.

I asked if you can't refund just send me the money as a gift. Crickets!!! No response of course.

He said in the email I was getting the knife whether I wanted it or not even if he refunded me. Don't want it, just want my refund!!!

"All Nocturnal Knives are handmade and custom to every order. Because of this there is a wait involved with every order and a deposit required. We DO NOT make order lists or start orders where the deposit has not been paid. We require a deposit to confirm an order and take that deposit as a commitment to fulfill that order; from us and the customer. Below is an explanation of our order process.

1. Place your order directly from our website or by emailing Marie@nocturnalknives.com Your order will be completed by selecting "full balance" or "deposit only" on the website, or receiving an invoice via email from Marie for the payment type discussed.

2. Once the deposit is made and the order is started materials are cut, prepped, and heat treated.

3. Once materials are back from heat treat an email from Marie will be sent with an invoice for the final balance of the order.

4. Once the final balance is paid the order will be completed and queued for shipment.

This leaves the total wait time to the customers discretion. If more time is needed by the customer to pay the final balance it lets us know that we can spend that time on other orders until that particular order is deemed ready by the customer for completion. This makes us as efficient as possible for YOU the customer. We strive to bring our wait down to the shortest possible time frame. "

Which translates into pay everything and the wait time is so long that a dispute won't get you your money back when we can't deliver.

This whole thing has not been even CLOSE to the experience myself and many others have had. I received the invoice 9+ months ago, which according to this means back from heat treat. Come to find out, 9+ months later, my order hasn't even been started!

That whole process starts as a lie, this is bs, how can it be a hand made knife when he buys the parts. He isn't hand cutting or fabricating the parts, he is having them edm or waterjet, that is not handmade.

Last edited:
Is this the list of bullshit names he sent you along with a rant filled with spelling errors and poor grammar?
Jim - Folder
Lee - Folder
Jason A. - Folder
Jason M. - Folder
Mak - Folder
Jake - Folder
Dave - Folder
Will - Folder
Bill - Folder
Nate - Folder
Mike - Folder

This is a list of folks that have had a refund processed for the recent neck knife run, same as above applies.

Joe - Necker
Matt - Necker
Brad - Necker
Chad - Necker
Aaron - Necker
Jason - Necker
Brandee - Necker
Alexander - Necker
Shaun - Necker
This guys name is too distinguishable, it begins with an "N" - Necker
Mike - Necker

I've been reading this thread and I think my order with Nocturnal is the oldest here and has probably been handled the poorest.

I placed my order back in Feb 2013 with Drew and before Nocturnal even offered folders. I requested a custom O.R.B. with Marbelized Carbon fiber scales with the more textured milling and red liners....

Marie asked for a deposit and then six months prior to receiving the knife Marie asked for payment in full. I paid $660.

When I recieved the O.R.B it was completely wrong. Smooth handles and no red liners. I raised the issue with Gene because Drew was no longer around and Gene promised me a completely new set of scales and the liners. I have been emailing every six months since asking what's happening.... Apparently Marbelized Carbon fiber is rarer than Hailies Commet because Gene hasn't managed to purchase any for over a year and a half.

So this year I have grown fed up with waiting and have requested a refund via email twice now with no responce.... Pretty poor form from Marie, Gene and Nocturnal I reckon.

Lawrie

Yup that is the exact email that I received!!! Bunch of BS!!!!!

Damn dude, dealing with this 13 is crazy. Not sure if it's allowed, but Gene put up an email that is supposed to go directly to him to answer questions. Kind of hit or miss, or a rant laden one it looks like was sent to everyone. If you message me I'll get you the email

I've been reading this thread and I think my order with Nocturnal is the oldest here and has probably been handled the poorest.

I placed my order back in Feb 2013 with Drew and before Nocturnal even offered folders. I requested a custom O.R.B. with Marbelized Carbon fiber scales with the more textured milling and red liners....

Marie asked for a deposit and then six months prior to receiving the knife Marie asked for payment in full. I paid $660.

When I recieved the O.R.B it was completely wrong. Smooth handles and no red liners. I raised the issue with Gene because Drew was no longer around and Gene promised me a completely new set of scales and the liners. I have been emailing every six months since asking what's happening.... Apparently Marbelized Carbon fiber is rarer than Hailies Commet because Gene hasn't managed to purchase any for over a year and a half.

So this year I have grown fed up with waiting and have requested a refund via email twice now with no responce.... Pretty poor form from Marie, Gene and Nocturnal I reckon.

Lawrie

Since 2013, holy crap.... I have 2 sheets of 12x12" marbled cf and within days can get as much as I want. It's not that rare, it however is expensive, which is the real problem. They spent the money already on themselves and have no more for your knife.

I order a folder from this guys and gave the 50% deposit which I never do but I gave the benefit of the doubt, time went by and after a month of the supposed delivery day I email asking about it, no replied, them I asked for a refund, no replied, after a few times of no answers I decided to file a claim with paypal, oh boy now the communication starts , angry and frustrated emails blaming me for all kinds of things, at the end I got my money back and thank god I got off that falling train.

I order a folder from this guys and gave the 50% deposit which I never do but I gave the benefit of the doubt, time went by and after a month of the supposed delivery day I email asking about it, no replied, them I asked for a refund, no replied, after a few times of no answers I decided to file a claim with paypal, oh boy now the communication starts , angry and frustrated emails blaming me for all kinds of things, at the end I got my money back and thank god I got off that falling train.

Please email me a copy of those emails if you don't mind.

I don't know if any of you have considered it, but taking legal action may be the only way you will get your money. I doubt any decent knives will come out of this. I bet their supplier problems begin with owing the suppliers money too.

Back