Non-serrated steak knife set recommendations?

Must not be serrated, would like 8-10 knives, probably sub $200. So far looking at a $50 set of 8 Wusthof...

Boker Arbolito's in the 4 pack are very reasonably priced and easy to sharpen up or strop before guests come over as plates dull all steak knives. Try them out and see what you think.

Best advice, put a paper plate on the ceramic plate to act as a "cutting" board to buffer your edge from the destructive plate. Martha Stewart would get her shorts in a wad but isn't taking care of your blades.

I bought a set of Bradford Gatsbys and can’t imagine a better steak knife set. It is more than what you are looking to spend, but every so often, they have a sale and that’s when I grabbed them.
Fn2eCLu.jpg

I didn't buy a set, just four separate steak knives. Wusthof gourmet series steak knives. I think I paid about a hundred dollars for the four knives. Hold edge well, and sharpen easily. If you are just going to cut steaks and chops for meals these work perfectly. They are nice looking knives with black plastic type handles.

+1 on Bradford Gatsby's! I got the clip point and its fantastic. Just got 1 (single) so saved some $ Set of 4 will be out of your price range. Maybe save up and buy a couple at a time.

1. Must not be serrated, would like 8-10 knives, probably sub $200. So far looking at a $50 set of 8 Wusthof...
So, bofe954, what did you purchase? Lots of good suggestions above, did you go with any of them?

KR

Last edited:
I have wusthof classic's, a full set of 8. I found them a while back with some coupons when I bought. Lately I haven't seen good deals and decided to buy a set of Dalstrong Gladiators. Supposedly it's the same steel. The quality control isn't the same as the Wusthof's but I paid $67 shipped for 4. You can see my 3/5 star review on amazon for them. The knives are nice knives for the price. Most people that received the set I did probably would have given them 5-stars. THe grind wasn't even and there are small hardly observable flaws in the handle.

I decided to add them to the Wusthof's as my wife thinks steak knives = something that can always cut on a plate... daily. I wanted a set that wasn't going to be dulled when I go to eat a nice steak.

I bought a set of Bradford Gatsbys and can’t imagine a better steak knife set. It is more than what you are looking to spend, but every so often, they have a sale and that’s when I grabbed them.
Fn2eCLu.jpg
Saw these are Blade Show West in November but didn't buy. They're on my wish list. These are great knives. Appears to be a great company as well.

American test Kitchen recommends the non-serrated Victorinox , rosewood handle steak knives. Came out best in their testing. John
I take all ATK recommendations with a grain of salt. They know their audience is the average consumer. But considering these will get used on ceramic plans and most people will never sharpen them, it probably doesn't matter much.

My wife bought Messermeister Avanta steak knives with pakkawood handles last year. They look fine. Made in China so I would have preferred something else. She loves them, so it's all good. About $8 per knife if you shop around or look for a sale.

Check out MIYABI Koh steak knives. You can get them for a good price on Amazon.
They’re the four on the right in this picture...
zeNhQRR.jpg

Back