Non sharpened Swedge Chimera!

I seen a non sharpened swedge Chimera! For me that's important as I live in an "Evil Dagger" state! Now if they only made a straight edge version... I saw the SP5 didn't come one a sharpened swedge and I was all over that one! I can't take my bayonets out side....

I'm still hemming and hawing when looking at it. I got two with sharpened swedges, one serrated and one straight edge...but I can't take them out side! I really don't want to dull the swedges...but... now there is an unsharpened one. It would go good for a few certain purposes. Right my my Ka-bar 1211+2 (bonus from the hard sheath!) and D2 Ka-bar do right now.

Done an ordered it. :D:cool:;)

I got two swedged Chimeras, one straight one serrated. I been itch'n to take them around, but can only use them on my property. One strong abuse-able knife will be useful. I know, don't smash the back of the spine on brick with it where the screw on handle will break. But its going to ride the hip when the dang cougar is around again.

This one I can take swamp romping and such besides my property. Its going to be on the fast grab deployment spot, on pack, belt, leg mount, scout carry what ever will work at the time. The only other knife that I had like this is the SP-10 to be ready for an offensive poking action. Its the big hilts that these two have that put them in a offensive and defensive use allocation for me. Mainly for one true wild critter, but its mostly for former domesticated gone feral critters that get at you by surprise.

Well got it. Yep probably seems to be more of a look-ti-cool thingy made by other aspects of other knives. Now if they make a the no sharpened swedge full straight edge that would even be better.

With the no sharpened swedge you give up some the extra stick in to some thing ability but looking at it, it will make batoning (froeing?) easier. I'll have to see how good the serrations are for when it comes to doing sort of bushy stuff with it. The Sticketing in to some thing ability should still work, as it has a pointy point on it still. From what I tacti-read and Tacti-saw about knife fighting, the Chimera is "TOO HEAVY!" (insert whiny tone) but since I don't intend to start knife fights in a carry conceal state, for defense use, I it seems to be able to do the job like my other can't take out of residence Chimeras. (At least this one can go out and be abused.)

The screw cap pummel has been pointed out to be a weak point as harmonic vibrations and it becoming a stress point, so I won't be bashing my Chimera's on the spine on stone/concrete/cinder-block/adamantium and such. Mostly steel on wood and maybe bone if being used for large critter cutting season. But not intentionally on bone unless its being used for large bad critter defense detail.

E'h I like the knife and concept of it. I'm surprised I got the non swedge before my straight blade D2 Kabar.

Well it works all I can say. Large military pattern utility knife. Some say "LARGE" but your K-bar is an inch shorter than it (1211+2 kab-bar with the nylon filled hard sheath is mine). To me the serrations are weirdos but work when batoning. It don't chew up the baton as much as the one with the sharpened swedge. About what an SP-10 non sharpened swedge area does. Not much of a hacker or slasher for heavier woody things, but its good for doing utility thingies enough. The Serrations let one cut larger woody things okishly where trying to hack them don't work as well, one thing I can see lashing it to a stick for is using it to cut fruit down from trees and such with the ridiculous serration, but the good thing about them is they aren't a 2" type that have not much function I find where one can do real cutting. Yes I hate Serrations, but even if the whole knife was made to see if a cool knife could be made from other aspects of other knives. Its a decent utility knife. Can you get one for cheaper? Yes. But since I got it I been using it as I got two wall hangers of "EVIL DAGGER!" Chimera types at home.

The large over sized hilt already saved my hand from skipping forward. The only reason I can take it out and play...er..TACTI-TEST it is because it doesn't have a sharpened swedge and I don't want to dull the current ones I have. I feels like it will make a good feral critter poker if needed.

Wurger190

Basic Member
Sounds like you're having some good fun with this! I am put off by the pommel, but I have OKC3S bayonet which is basically the same blade with better (imo) serrations.

I took mine Tacti-Testing" it deer hunting today. Some one tried to keep some one off my land to retrieve a deer he shot...long of the very long, long, long, short of it was the POed C.O. vented on the one who posed "owning" my land got a lot of tickets and didn't know what happened to his dog he was let "Free Ranging" jumping a deer... I pulled the deer and field dressed it as that person got his truck to get his deer I let him come get. I did START the field dressing with the Chimera. But well, it could of done all of the field dressing but it wasn't my deer, so I used the Gerber with the Gut Hook. I think I can see were a sharpened swedge could of been useful for starting to skin. But I used the Chimera to cut through the breast bone and such. It was a tough chest there. Not the ideal tool, but it worked. Normally I hack with the NS7 Ranger or SP-53 or SP-51 though the tough breast bone/rib cage if it can't be cut SAFELY. Really that was a time I really hated forgetting the Falcon. But hey guy got his deer, and I gave him permission to fill out the other family tag if they wanted to, as I could tell they were after the meat. Just told them to call if they were going to hunt and remind them one place not to go, my brother hunts that area by himself, so I wouldn't ruin their hunt if they did show up, nice responsible hunters. Its not a big area of land, but the deer have a major trail going through it.

Would I use the Chimera as a first choice field deer cleaning knife? No. But well it could do the job if it was all you had.

Wurger190

Basic Member
The screw cap pummel has been pointed out to be a weak point as harmonic vibrations and it becoming a stress point, so I won't be bashing my Chimera's on the spine on stone/concrete/cinder-block/adamantium and such.
Nice nod to 'The Mayor' there ;)