Noob Question for Fiddleback Fridays!

Hello all,

I'm pretty new around here but have been reading up and doing my research! All the knives are beautiful and can't wait to get my hands on one! I've looked at many of the Friday posts and can't seem to see a pattern - is there a specific time that the post goes up or do we just have to keep stalking the page?

I appreciate any insight!

Ana

Preview usually goes up around 2:45. Be ready to post very quickly once the thread is unlocked at 3:00.

If you read in the thread Well Its Friday Vance will post about the time they will list the post. Also watch for the Preview Of Fiddleback Friday the post will go live shortly there after. Most of the time but not all the time its between 2pm and 3pm. What style are you looking for? Hope this helps Chuck

like Tek said..........i post the thread at some time around 2:30ish.....but then i "LOCK" it
this allows everyone to get a preview of what is going to be available.

At 3pm EST according to my Chromebook i unlock the existing thread and it is "live"
there is a slight delay from the time "Preview" appears in the thread title & the time you can post in the thread.....if your computer allows you to post in the thread but it still says Preview..........post away

Good Luck!

BTW, I love the preview. It's awesome. Maybe think about making the preview lock an hour long to allow the new folks to do a little more research and googling. The discussions of late have made me realize that it's taken quite a while to get comfortable with the patterns and materials and there is a lot to digest especially when you throw in some shade tree materials....

BTW, I love the preview. It's awesome. Maybe think about making the preview lock an hour long to allow the new folks to do a little more research and googling. The discussions of late have made me realize that it's taken quite a while to get comfortable with the patterns and materials and there is a lot to digest especially when you throw in some shade tree materials....

thanks!

i can do it earlier most times but am hesitant

Just keep the unlock at 3:00 and it should stay fair and all. I just really like the fact that I no longer have to guess about the materials and model when I pre-write my "I'll take it" and have it ready to paste into the thread when it gets unlocked.

Just keep the unlock at 3:00 and it should stay fair and all. I just really like the fact that I no longer have to guess about the materials and model when I pre-write my "I'll take it" and have it ready to paste into the thread when it gets unlocked.

i really appreciate the fact that the whole description is normally posted...........that helps tremendously

Read the "Law of the Sharks" sticky at the top of the Fiddleback Forum page. It has a ton of info that really helped me navigate. I was successful with two knives I wanted the first two times I tried, but I've missed out on others. It's tremendous fun!

Attachments

• 20160125_193459.jpg
    20160125_193459.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I would suggest perusing as many Fiddleback Friday threads as you can to get an idea of the Pattern, Handle, and Detail choices. It's also very possible what you want is in a past recent thread unsold as well.

Thank you guys for all the insight - it really helps! So that I understand correctly, we will be available to browse the "Preview" before it goes live around 3:00PM EST correct? I'm sooo ready - I really want a Nessmuk or a Hiking Buddy as my first. I can already tell that this is quickly going to become and addition as I am really into fixed blades!

Thanks guys for all the insight! I'm hoping to get a Nessmuk or a Hiking Buddy as my first.

I think they have stuff you can buy now if you don't want to wait till Friday. You'd have to call the office though. Not sure of the number.

Back