Recommendation? NOOB Question Pennsylvania ordering automatic knives

I want to purchase an automatic knife from either bladehq or knifeops. I live in Pennsylvania and want one as a collectors item (curio). Would I be in any trouble if I ordered one. Also, isnt it technically illegal to ship automatic knives in the mail as bladeshq or any other store is doing? Sorry for asking noob questions I couldnt find too much information about ordering automatics for curio in PA.

I’ve never heard of anyone getting in trouble for ordering one and having it sent to PA. It is true that businesses that ship autos across state lines are technically violating the federal law on interstate commerce. In that case, only the seller would be liable, not the buyer. However, it’s something that’s almost never enforced as so many companies sell them over state lines all the time and the feds honestly have bigger fish to fry. As far as buying autos for collecting in PA, your best bet is the gun shows. People always sell them there without any trouble. Maybe check out some forums and auction sites where other collectors sell knives. Maybe you’ll find a collector in PA who’s selling some.

I’ve never heard of anyone getting in trouble for ordering one and having it sent to PA. It is true that businesses that ship autos across state lines are technically violating the federal law on interstate commerce. In that case, only the seller would be liable, not the buyer. However, it’s something that’s almost never enforced as so many companies sell them over state lines all the time and the feds honestly have bigger fish to fry. As far as buying autos for collecting in PA, your best bet is the gun shows. People always sell them there without any trouble. Maybe check out some forums and auction sites where other collectors sell knives. Maybe you’ll find a collector in PA who’s selling some.
thank you

Back