• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Northwoods Fall Creek Desert Ironwood traded

Johnnythefox

Gold Member
I have thought long and hard about this as its the only Northwoods I have ever manage to get.
But as I am in the UK with our restrictive laws its better I have something I can carry without fuss.

I bought this from new, it is with me in the UK,It is the complete set,I haven't even cut a bit of string with it.
I have completed 2 successful trades with people on here in the USA previous to this,I am sure they would vouch for me if needed.

There is a few specks of leather on the blade from when I tried it in the slip,I missed when I photographed it.

Looking for a folding Northwoods or a single blade GEC trapper or perhaps something else of interest try me.

Used is absolutely fine as I like to use my tools anway,but not a nail breaker or one that is hard to open.

Adjustments in value either way if they aren't equal value.

Last edited:
Fascinated by your knife and story, I have a knife that I think would be perfect. It's not on your list, but maybe you will find it attractive anyways.

I have a diffult to find and collectable W.R. Case & Sons Coke Bottle Hunter Burnt Stag 51050SAB. Beautiful well matched genuine burnt stag handle scales. Mirror polished stainless steel swedged clip point blade with long match striker nail pull. The blade has good strong open, close, and half snap. Brass liners and handle pins. Nickel silver bolsters and inlaid Case bomb shield. Excellent old W.R. Case & Sons stag hunting knife made in 1990.

- Blade Material: Stainless Steel
- Handle Material: Genuine Stag
- Blade Length: 4-1/4
- Closed Length: 5-1/4

- Weight: 5.9 oz

View attachment 1688663

View attachment 1688664

I looked briefly at knife laws in Great Britain. https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

It's illegal to carry a manual folding knife that has a blade less than 3 inches in length. As you can see, this knife has a blade that is longer than 4 inches. You should have no problem carrying this around.

Research this knife online, it's value is similar to yours. If you are interested, contact me via PM and we can work out the details. Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for the offer,it is a interesting knife.
It is a bit to large for me but thanks anyway.

I appreciate you checking the English laws.
Though I think you have misread it as it must be less than 3" and non locking.

Back