Northwoods Freemont Jacks went up today!

The Northwoods Knives Freemont Jack went up today and sold out in a couple of hours. Snagged a denim micarta. Who else nabbed one?

I got the email and checked. They were all gone except for a couple mammoth ivory's. Don't want to spend that much. Enjoy yours.

Missed the blue and green giraffe bone covers due to dithering over some initial price-shock, but grabbed one of the other giraffe versions at the last minute. Not much time to think about what you wanted, but thems the breaks when the hype machine is in full swing. I had 6 or 7 different ones in a row in my checkout cart, but they each got bought out from under me before eventually getting lucky.

The whole thing has just gotten rather silly for me. When 500 knives sell out in 20 minutes, the vast majority of which will be safe queens or flipped, I'm just not that interested in the game any more.

The whole thing has just gotten rather silly for me. When 500 knives sell out in 20 minutes, the vast majority of which will be safe queens or flipped, I'm just not that interested in the game any more.

Me too. I am not interested in THAT game at all. I wouldn't mind owning a Fremont Jack as I like wharncliffe blades on slippies. Would like it better if there was a second blade. I checked 30 minutes after receiving the email from KSF.... 30 minutes.... crazy. Says something about pricing too when a dealer can anticipate selling a new batch of knives so quickly.

Me too. I am not interested in THAT game at all. I wouldn't mind owning a Fremont Jack as I like wharncliffe blades on slippies. Would like it better if there was a second blade. I checked 30 minutes after receiving the email from KSF.... 30 minutes.... crazy. Says something about pricing too when a dealer can anticipate selling a new batch of knives so quickly.

There are some nice Cocobolo Willamette Whittlers left that would fit that criteria. Far better pricing too. I love mine in Blue Camel bone.

I meant the 'hoping to buy a nice new traditional game before they all disappear' game. I've become somewhat jaded. Feeling safer sticking to what I have and using the heck out of them.

Last edited:
I snagged a black linen micarta--cheapest one. I won't go above 130 or so on a production slipjoint no matter what the hype. Not a huge fan of bone or ivory covers either. I've bought a few of the uber-hype Northwoods for more and ended up reselling them (not flipping, just getting my money back) because I just didn't think they were worth the aftermarket prices.

I do love the knife though and I love micarta, especially linen and paper micarta, so I'm glad I snagged one. It will be a carry knife. I don't do the safe queen thing--knives are knives, not jewelry. They ought to be cutting things.

Got the e-mail as well. At 6:40 eastern time. Said they were going on sale at 6:00 eastern time. Never saw a single one. Weird. Thought they'd sell out fast, but not that fast.
Not really an issue though. I've found I'm more of a Tidioute fan, with the occasional Northfield thrown in...if it is finished, well, like a Tidioute. Really tried to find a Northwoods that I like, but none have quite worked out for me yet.

Got the e-mail as well. At 6:40 eastern time. Said they were going on sale at 6:00 eastern time. Never saw a single one. Weird. Thought they'd sell out fast, but not that fast.
Not really an issue though. I've found I'm more of a Tidioute fan, with the occasional Northfield thrown in...if it is finished, well, like a Tidioute. Really tried to find a Northwoods that I like, but none have quite worked out for me yet.

Almost all of the Northwoods knives get the "Tidioute" treatment exactly. The bolsters are usually the biggest difference between the Tidioute and Northfield versions and the Northwoods almost exclusively uses the same bolsters as used on the Tidioute's built on the same frame.

My GEC Tidioute 79:

Northwoods Fremont Jack:
nw-banner-1756.jpg

Back