Not enough love for the Gayle Bradley 2

I feel bad for today. While my GB 1 is still on the road, I put an order for GB2 . I really want to compare them in my hands.

OK, just received my GB1. The polished thick liner immediately win my love. Now PPT and this one are two only Liner lock I have. Another immediately observation is this GB1 feel smaller than it actually is in hands.

I think there is one thing for sure and that’s when the GB2 is in stock they always sell out.
For good reason if I may add :thumbsup:

After carrying, using, touching up, and just admiring the GB2 this past week I have to say it's one of the finest knives I've handled and used. Been using it to cut tomatoes for my sandwiches, and used it to cut my kiddos apple today, and it's just a slicing machine. And I believe it's starting to form a patina (the whole reason why Ive been cutting tomatoes and apples!)

Still no desire to modify the handle for ease of unlocking, I just push the side of my thumb in there and it works fine.

Thanks to Mr Gayle Bradley for the design, and thanks to Sal for getting it made!

I really had no issues with the stock scales but I saw a picture of a well worn GB2 with a gray patina and some OD Green micarta scales and it pushed me over the edge to get some micarta. Now that I have I can say without reservation this knife is worth a scale swap. I don't want to say upgrade because I really like the stock scales as well.

If I could only have one knife this would be it with no close contenders. I've owned a lot of knives but the GB2 just checks all the right boxes.

- Tool Steel
- Thin Grind/BTE Thickness
- Great Profile
- Aesthetically Pleasing
- Solid Lock

QBpPdGS-ZffGQuEIgBAl-TLZWXfxL6hHnl5KBIaffQEf_OmdS6jKVi-DwqZ-fTeWHH7NOgaxsLbdgu3RwfAqLbSWJeHfwq9GhITmfC1-VAaWCgVN-alFSsSz2V83LUj28uObSrLJVFw=w2400

I really had no issues with the stock scales but I saw a picture of a well worn GB2 with a gray patina and some OD Green micarta scales and it pushed me over the edge to get some micarta. Now that I have I can say without reservation this knife is worth a scale swap. I don't want to say upgrade because I really like the stock scales as well.

If I could only have one knife this would be it with no close contenders. I've owned a lot of knives but the GB2 just checks all the right boxes.

- Tool Steel
- Thin Grind/BTE Thickness
- Great Profile
- Aesthetically Pleasing
- Solid Lock

QBpPdGS-ZffGQuEIgBAl-TLZWXfxL6hHnl5KBIaffQEf_OmdS6jKVi-DwqZ-fTeWHH7NOgaxsLbdgu3RwfAqLbSWJeHfwq9GhITmfC1-VAaWCgVN-alFSsSz2V83LUj28uObSrLJVFw=w2400

Oh mama...this in 154cpm would make me so happy. Knife gods, if your listening...I'm not a praying man...but please ask Sal to make this knife.

the mxg clip i use on my pm2 also makes a great carry for the gb2
rlm6Ick.jpg

added kind of an easy opening notch on the other side
g3iAbVy.jpg

and made the sharp edges from the liner lock a little smoother
GK4pbke.jpg

iKq82Ne.jpg

for me it is now more comfortable to play with
TNMb5Vy.jpg

just when the knife is closed i have a small issue, because the blade is a little off center at the tip. maybe somebody has some reassemble advice?

How badly off center? Might be able to fix it by loosening all the screws, including the clip, putting the blade at 90 degrees and tightening the pivot so you can't move the blade (easily), and then snugging all the other screws up, then adjusting the pivot to where you like.

If that doesn't work, maybe your scales are machined a bit off?

I just received the GB2 I ordered. Put it with the GB1, I have to say what has been mentioned in the thread and may other threads are absolutely correct.
They are two totally different design. while I wish the liner/locker bar could be thicker, I am happy that they keep the same high glossy polished liners. The overall build quality of GB2 is still very high. It feels great in hands. How to release the liner lock is a pain to my thumb. but I like the feeling that it's more like a fixed blade.

How badly off center? Might be able to fix it by loosening all the screws, including the clip, putting the blade at 90 degrees and tightening the pivot so you can't move the blade (easily), and then snugging all the other screws up, then adjusting the pivot to where you like.

If that doesn't work, maybe your scales are machined a bit off?

Thank you. It did help a little, but still looks like that.
VCvQCSR.jpg

The knife came already new like this, with its original cf plated scales. I didn't sent it back, because it was one of the last ones available when I bought it a few months ago. Not a big issue, but the most off center spydie I own.

Thank you. It did help a little, but still looks like that.
VCvQCSR.jpg

The knife came already new like this, with its original cf plated scales. I didn't sent it back, because it was one of the last ones available when I bought it a few months ago. Not a big issue, but the most off center spydie I own.

That doesn't look too bad honestly. Hard to tell in photos though, but as long as it's not rubbing liner I wouldn't worry about it, I'd just use it! :D

I just received the GB2 I ordered. Put it with the GB1, I have to say what has been mentioned in the thread and may other threads are absolutely correct.
They are two totally different design. while I wish the liner/locker bar could be thicker, I am happy that they keep the same high glossy polished liners. The overall build quality of GB2 is still very high. It feels great in hands. How to release the liner lock is a pain to my thumb. but I like the feeling that it's more like a fixed blade.

Hard to explain, but I put the side of my thumb against the lockbar, push in a little, the push left to unlock. Works great and doesn't hurt at all. I'm thinking of knocking down the edges because they are a bit sharp (the lockbar jimping) but I'm on the fence. Might lose some of the grip. We'll see.

That doesn't look too bad honestly. Hard to tell in photos though, but as long as it's not rubbing liner I wouldn't worry about it, I'd just use it! :D
It does not touch the liner right now. Just the more I loosen the pivot the more one sided the blade gets, so I can not make it as smooth as I want. All in all a great knife. Ergonomics are fine, M4 steel and blade shape make it a fantastic user!:):thumbsup:

Thanks. Yes the edge of the lock bar is too sharp. I can close it with single hand but it’s more difficult than with GB1.

yfF0ckd.jpg

Hard to explain, but I put the side of my thumb against the lockbar, push in a little, the push left to unlock. Works great and doesn't hurt at all. I'm thinking of knocking down the edges because they are a bit sharp (the lockbar jimping) but I'm on the fence. Might lose some of the grip. We'll see.

Back