Not enough love for the Gayle Bradley 2

I had the thumb choil enlarged and its much easier to open and close. It Actually makes the knife alot of fun to flick.

If it would come in FFG, then I would consider it. Evrything else is good and M4 is great. Need more blades in M4

Buy a Stretch.

The Hollow Grind on the GB works just fine.

I am not sure why you offer me a strech.
But any-who I was posting my opinion on why there is not enough love for GB2. I was not asking for an advice on my "next purchase".

Anyone tried a forced patina w the m4 ? I'm definitely interested in doing it but just wanted to make sure it was possible

I have...... I took my GB2 apart and let the blade sit in an orange first, and then in some white vinegar and got a pretty even patina on mine

Just sharpened m4 for the first time ... wow sharp! This might be sharper than cpm 154

If it would come in FFG, then I would consider it. Evrything else is good and M4 is great. Need more blades in M4

You could always have it reground to a FFG by Big Chris, or some of the other pros that regrind blades.

You could always have it reground to a FFG by Big Chris, or some of the other pros that regrind blades.

Reground like this?

Updated pictures of my reground Gayle Bradley. No forced patina, just plenty of use. The reground section is slowly but surely getting its patina going.

03d8a7b0d8feacb5136387a66170a133.jpg

d9c5825909e204e4442bc4a2d9f0179e.jpg

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/gayle-bradley-hard-use.714931/page-26

I'm pretty sure he just reground it to a deeper hollow. You can actually regrind them to a full height flat grind. I've had that don't to some of my knives, to include the Pacific Salt among them. My Gayle Bradley 1 was reground similar to the pictured regrind, but with the hollow raised up some and the edge brought down around .007" or so.

You are correct, just remained a hollow but thinned out the edge quite a bit.

I actually wanted to buy a GB2 while in the US for Blade but spent all my cash on a new Sebenza and supplies.

Last edited:
Back