Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To stay in the SAK ballpark, maybe a Swisstool or a Leatherman of sorts? Always comes in handy.

If we WERE to veer off into folders, there are many lovely GEK models available for around the $100 mark. My only caveat with those is that they're mostly (all?) carbon steel, which isn't what I want kicking around in a pants pocket. VERY nice, tho.

To stay in the SAK ballpark, maybe a Swisstool or a Leatherman of sorts? Always comes in handy.
I have a Huntsman SAK, all I really need. It goes with me everywhere. I also have a Leatherman Wave.

Love my huntsman.
When I'm camping, I occasionally replace it in my pocket with a Forrester. Similar tool set minus the scissors, but locking blade and screwdriver.

Love my huntsman.
When I'm camping, I occasionally replace it in my pocket with a Forrester. Similar tool set minus the scissors, but locking blade and screwdriver.
I had the Camper for a long time, but wanted scissors, hence, the Huntsman. I think it's a well rounded SAK.

Been looking into solar ovens. They're generally pricey, but there are cheaper alternatives.

I remember finding my Camper in a thrift store for $4, thrown in a box of Chinese knock offs. The scales were scratched up a bit, but the blades were unused. After my son got me the Huntsman, I bought new scales for the Camper, and gifted it to my wife. She never uses it though, haha.

1066vik 1066vik

Have you seen the new Alox Farmer X? Same as the old Farmer, with scissors added.

yup - I was VERY interested/tempted by the farmerX, until I saw the price tag.
I hear that. I had a regular Alox Farmer, but sold it. I like having the toothpick and tweezers. They come in handy.

Yep I personally find SAK scissors nearly useless so I'm not giving them $20 to add a pair. $40 for a standard farmer and if I want scissors $25 for a Leatherman micro that have scissors that are halfway useful .
Just my personal opinion

I've been interested in the Alps Mountaineering Lynx one man tent for quite some time, but never pulled the trigger. Not crazy about the color more than anything. I like earth tones/camo. Anywhos, at Christmas time, it was $91. Then it went up to $108. Just yesterday, it was $114, and today it's $115, haha.

Yep I personally find SAK scissors nearly useless so I'm not giving them $20 to add a pair. $40 for a standard farmer and if I want scissors $25 for a Leatherman micro that have scissors that are halfway useful .
Just my personal opinion
The only thing I've used the scissors for, is cutting loose threads. They do come in handy for that.

I know people like them ,but they don't work for me. But $20 extra for tiny scissors is a bit much to me. Face it very few of us here on this forum ever just carry 1 knife multi-tool etc. For 5 bucks more you can have a better pair of scissors extra blade etc. On a Leatherman micro. (Mine ride in my FAK on my EDC bag )

I keep a little classic in my wallet at all times.The scissors work excellent for hang nails and the tweezers are handy for occasional splinters. Various sak hang in my pocket with this handy little setup.
AB942E98-0EF4-42CC-A65A-0B652E3839CB.jpeg E9BB95A2-C514-42A4-BAA5-4FB65C10D594.jpeg

Last edited:
I know people like them ,but they don't work for me. But $20 extra for tiny scissors is a bit much to me. Face it very few of us here on this forum ever just carry 1 knife multi-tool etc. For 5 bucks more you can have a better pair of scissors extra blade etc. On a Leatherman micro. (Mine ride in my FAK on my EDC bag )
We'll, yeah. But injecting logic into the discussion is cheating and no fun.
Of course I carry a LM micro electrician tool on my key ring in the sZme pocket as my huntsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back