Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know when you're camping by a calm mountain lake, getting ready for a nice fire to cook some good eats with your friends, and something like the world's biggest avalanche rolls down from Annapurna and blows away your tent, don't you just want to jump around like a crazy man hootin' and hollerin'? I sure can't think of any better way to celebrate. :p

Congrats man, pretty dang cool. :thumbsup:

Uhhh.... Man i dont know which way to go...

I get 30% off from benchmade... So i can custom shop a bugout for a good price. But i dont know if id rather go with 20cv or M4... Then i dont know what color handles id want either, id definitely go with G10... If i went with M4 id want to go with a black coated blade to help with corrosion resistance, if i went with 20cv id go with a satin blade...

Or just wait for that new one with S90V blade with carbon fiber handles...

Here's one option with M4 and coated blade...
Ug0uUBT.png

VS

HC6sKLf.png

Or I could copy the S90V one above with a 20cv blade and black g10 handle...

Too many choices make it hard to choose.

Yes and toughness in a folder is a little less important than corrosion resistance to me.

If we were talking about choppers this wouldn't even be a question. There's a reason comp cutters were made in M4 quite a bit.

In the graph there, all 3 steels are tied in edge retention... Though iirc, M4 works great with toothy or polished edges and is less of a pain to sharpen. But again corrosion is more prevalent...

But see... We're going to deep into this... You're supposed to just say "this" one is better get it LOL

I always like either earth tones, or black.

I got my custom shop Bugout about two weeks ago...
UAKJATW.jpg

Truthfully, I didnโ€™t really focus much on the design as I plan on installing flytanium titanium scales as soon as I can find them. I bought this knife for the 20cv blade. :thumbsup:

A week after ordering it, I discovered that Blade HQ had an exclusive version already in 20cv that was on sale. Lmao

Hence my current Bugout situation...
65n8emU.jpg

Oooh, I love that matte mid-blue w/ the dark blade! Dang.

That's an interesting chart up there - but it's lacking a critical dimension, which is hardness. These graphs come from actual testing by our own BF fellows under standardized protocols:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/call-for-charpy-toughness-samples.1548360/page-50
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/call-for-charpy-toughness-samples.1548360/page-45

Larrin has more info up on his website (knifesteelnerds.com). And his book ain't shabby either.

I feel the same way with a lot of the folders out there. Nice, but damn.

Yeah, Bugout looks near ideal for many reasons. 0.25" too long. They make a smaller one, but... small in the hand too, I'm sure. Not cheap. Tho the stock Bugout models are reasonable on other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back