Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mnandis are supposed to be nice. At some point I’ll check them out.

I have a small Inkosi tanto with natural micarta and a large Sebenza 21 with bog oak coming.
It's very nice.
Borderline tiny.
I pretty much consider it a "gent's knife".
Spalted beech inlay, too.

Ive never noticed a framelock or linerlock that had the lock situated for left handers. Being left handed, its become instinctive manipulating typical locks with my left hand. Though i also carry on the right since i use that hand as well. Its is annoying not to be able to position the clip on either side.

Id like it if they would at least make clips that went over the top to the other side. Like, imagine tip up with a deep carry clip, now bend that clip all the way over to the other side. Done. They dont even need to alter the design to their knife to make this work.

Yeah I got a custom shop bugout with black G10, 20cv steel, and blue accents.

I figure at the college everyday I can take the bugout, as it will look less intimidating, or when going out somewhere with the wife...

Then while in the woods and I may want a beefier blade I can use the ZT... When I'm hiking I normally carry a KDSH hawk and a folder.

But truthfully I'll probably carry whichever one I like best all the time LOL

Both folders are supposed to be here Monday. I'll take some pictures of them side by side.

7daIqUn.png

Vtvs4h1.jpg
I love my ZT but never carry it because it's just huge. Kept handy in the car.
That's a really nice looking Benchmade. Hope you enjoy it!

I carried a Spydie Para2 for years. It finally started feeling bigger than I need on a daily basis. Still a fave for sure, as folders go. Picked up an Ikuchi for Christmas 2019 - slim little thing, with carbon-fiber scales and the Compression lock. Haven't looked back. Of course, I keep bigger things handy for when there's some real cutting to be done. But for daily carry - cutting string & tape, opening packages, slicing apples - it's about perfect for me, and just disappears.

I love my ZT but never carry it because it's just huge. Kept handy in the car.
That's a really nice looking Benchmade. Hope you enjoy it!

I carried a Spydie Para2 for years. It finally started feeling bigger than I need on a daily basis. Still a fave for sure, as folders go. Picked up an Ikuchi for Christmas 2019 - slim little thing, with carbon-fiber scales and the Compression lock. Haven't looked back. Of course, I keep bigger things handy for when there's some real cutting to be done. But for daily carry - cutting string & tape, opening packages, slicing apples - it's about perfect for me, and just disappears.

Thanks man. Never heard of that ikuchi knife but the flipper wheel looks pretty cool.

Ive never noticed a framelock or linerlock that had the lock situated for left handers. Being left handed, its become instinctive manipulating typical locks with my left hand. Though i also carry on the right since i use that hand as well. Its is annoying not to be able to position the clip on either side.

Id like it if they would at least make clips that went over the top to the other side. Like, imagine tip up with a deep carry clip, now bend that clip all the way over to the other side. Done. They dont even need to alter the design to their knife to make this work.
If you’re a Chris Reeve Knives fan, it’s good to be a lefty; plenty of them available on every authorized dealer site. :thumbsup:

Slow board.

Well i bought myself a new(used) knee brace this past week. An unloader knee brace by ossur. Im really liking it. The pain is pretty much gone while im wearing it. Sadly, the pain is very real when its off though. The way the straps criss cross on back gets uncomfortable when moving around a lot at work but its worth it. Overall though, its hard to beat.

Well i bought myself a new(used) knee brace this past week. An unloader knee brace by ossur. Im really liking it. The pain is pretty much gone while im wearing it. Sadly, the pain is very real when its off though. The way the straps criss cross on back gets uncomfortable when moving around a lot at work but its worth it. Overall though, its hard to beat.

I've tried several knee braces but they always pinch in the back or are just totally uncomfortable to me. Never tried that one specifically... But at least 6 different ones.

I've had a couple knee surgeries... On my left knee I've torn the ACL, LCL, and the meniscus. Knee pain is crappy for sure. PT, or physical torture, helped me walk again... But it was slow going and very painful.

Not much knee pain these days unless I overwork them, try to climb something I shouldn't, jog/run ECT.

Absorbine JR. I should buy stock in that. Getting harder to find in stores but easily ordered. Great for pain, knee pain, back pain, sore feet... also great for any type of bug bites, ringworm, rashes, athletes foot... Sore feet? Apply some absorbine JR, wait 5 minutes and soak them in some hot water with epsom salt... Feet feel brand new again. Much better doing both than either one by itself.

I keep absorbine JR on my nightstand by the bed. Love that stuff.

Taking my ASE test for manual transmissions today...

And another test at the college for automatic transmissions.

2 tests... I'm not a fan. Already have several of the ASE test passed. But dislike how they do the questioning on them... I failed one test by a single question. I may retake it... I may not... Not like I'm getting a job in the field for mechanics... Just learning as a hobby.

This is as example... Basically 2 questions in one.. again, I'm not a fan LOL

ePLYKgO.png

Last edited:

Idk being left handed was affected by knives?

I'm kinda like you, but right handed. I carry on my left side, opening with my left. It's a Benchmade type. In a horizontal leather sheath from Knives ship free. Made by/for them. I assume That carry method would work for
!efties

I Hate too much stuff in my pockets the older I get. Idk why?

Got two covid tests this week to get cleared to work on the TV show set, filming tonight (possibly until after 3 AM), and have to get another test before I leave set.

Also has anyone heard anything from Tanker lately? He used to be on Instagram pretty often but I haven't seen anything from him in a good while.

I've tried several knee braces but they always pinch in the back or are just totally uncomfortable to me. Never tried that one specifically... But at least 6 different ones.

I've had a couple knee surgeries... On my left knee I've torn the ACL, LCL, and the meniscus. Knee pain is crappy for sure. PT, or physical torture, helped me walk again... But it was slow going and very painful.

Not much knee pain these days unless I overwork them, try to climb something I shouldn't, jog/run ECT.

Absorbine JR. I should buy stock in that. Getting harder to find in stores but easily ordered. Great for pain, knee pain, back pain, sore feet... also great for any type of bug bites, ringworm, rashes, athletes foot... Sore feet? Apply some absorbine JR, wait 5 minutes and soak them in some hot water with epsom salt... Feet feel brand new again. Much better doing both than either one by itself.

I keep absorbine JR on my nightstand by the bed. Love that stuff.

Ive had a few other knee braces and have gotten use to the discomfort behind the knee. Recently my knee has gotten worse and i started learning about unloader knee braces. Expensive but they work. I had a bad meniscus tear in that knee years ago. Had surgery and pt so it got better and then worse. It swelled back up a few months ago. I picked up some voltaren which really helped with the pain. But have since stopped using it.

I have a simple knee brace for the knee that didnt have surgery. That one is possibly an mcl tear though.

Ive had a few other knee braces and have gotten use to the discomfort behind the knee. Recently my knee has gotten worse and i started learning about unloader knee braces. Expensive but they work. I had a bad meniscus tear in that knee years ago. Had surgery and pt so it got better and then worse. It swelled back up a few months ago. I picked up some voltaren which really helped with the pain. But have since stopped using it.

I have a simple knee brace for the knee that didnt have surgery. That one is possibly an mcl tear though.

I didn't get any relief from diclofenac, similar to voltaren, lidocaine topicals, icy hot, capsaicin topicals... Not a fan of pills so I tried all the topicals. Absorbine JR works for me though surprisingly.

When my meniscus tore my entire knee locked up at a 90 degree angle. Doctors tried to straighten it with force and could not. During the surgery they tore the LCL. Repaired both at the same time. Good times.

I'm 36 years old... I wouldn't be surprised if I need a full knee replacement by the time I'm 50.

Good luck with yours brother. Knee pain is a pain LOL

On another note... Just passed my ASE test. Barely though. If I would of missed 2 more questions I would have failed it... Got lucky

Headed to the post office to pick up my bugout. Crazy it came from Oregon and it's already here...

The ZT 0562 was shipped the same day, same way, within 2 hours of the Benchmade and it's coming from one state away, Alabama, and it's not here.

The knife from across the country made it faster than the knife from a 5 hour drive away. That's that USPS efficiency right there LOL

So was the answer tech b is right?

It's tricky to answer. Some need more vacuum than 10-18. Making tech A wrong for some... But some operated at 15 hg.. Soo tech A could be right...

The issue is, on the test, they don't tell you which questions you get right or wrong, just how many you got correct and if you pass. Because you can retake the test, for us in the automotive college, we have to wait a month to retake.

Tech B is correct plain and simple.

This is why I hate these types of questions. 2 questions in one, only one correct choice for both questions to share, with 4 possible answers. So even if you're sure about one, you still may get it wrong.

Luckily they only do pass/fail... No grade... So whether you pass by 1 point or get every question right you get the same grade LOL

Got the bugout. This is a sweet blade. A little stiff opening the first 20 flicks, but now it opens right up easily. Came razor sharp, smoothly shaves. Locks up tight and centered well. I dig it.

aAcRZDt.jpg
HaqaqP8.jpg
uqEywYv.jpg
52goJRK.jpg
plkf6hE.jpg
8jWj2Oq.jpg

Now just need my ZT to get here, and send in the Brous Bionic XL to get serviced, and I'm set with folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back