Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@91bravo
Heard anything from tanker lately?

Me too. Havenโ€™t missed a day since December 2019. Definitely feeling fatigued.
I've managed a day or 2 off here and there, but I don't think I've taken a full week off for a good 13 years. I did get a couple days off before Xmas and then after Xmas I sprained my knee and had to take a couple more days off. Those days kept me sane. I think I'm going to try get a full week off this spring or summer.

The tank man posted on another forum on January 18th. Looks like he did battle with covid too.

Ugh. WW, you have me wanting a new folder now....

Bad influence ain't I?

LOL

Hey worldwood worldwood , how well do you know ZTs? I have a 462 coming and Iโ€™m thinking about the 640. Do you have any experience with it? Iโ€™ve heard good things.

Not much experience... I got one of the original 0550s, I think it was, in on trade years ago... But traded it back out... Back then I had no interest in folders.

Looks like my 0562 won't be here today either... Crazy. It started it's journey from 5-6 hours away and will have taken longer than stuff I've received from across the ocean by the time it arrives.

I haven't been fishing forever. Have only gone once at the cabin. Hard to believe I've had that place for seven years in July.

I remember the day you got that place...

But I understand... Hell I've been considering another kayak.... For no reason at all... I haven't been fishing in about 2 weeks now... Weather, school, straight up laziness... 2 weeks for me is equivalent to 6 months for other people. Before I got Covid I was going every other day... 3-4 times a week.

I'm neglecting my little skiff. I like that joker better than my bigger bass boat. It's simple, fast enough, goes in 3 inches of water and can get anywhere, 3 gallons of gas will last me 3-5 trips out depending on how far I go... Love that little thing.

I've thought about getting the wife and I kayaks over the years, but the truth is we would probably never use them. Bought a canoe from my father in law, used it once, and later sold it. Bought a little 9 ft dingy from him too. Never used it. He later took it to a small lake, where he belongs to a sportsman club. He's 95, he's never used it since he took it there. He told me not to worry about it, that I would get it back before too long, haha.

Only time ive tried kayaking, it hurt my knee like something terrible, i know you dont really use your knees but sometimes it doesnt take much.

WBNbk6r.jpg

This was back when i lived on the east coast, we had a nice flood during the day, so i had borrowed my parents kayaks. Thats my wife in the picture and if you look closely you can see the double yellow lines in the middle of the street. It flooded there most nights at high tide, it wasnt very often that we got to go out and enjoy it.

I landed a 30 lb Bluecat out of my kayak. Got it up along side the boat first thought was Wow nice fish . Second thought was now what the H*** do I do with it :confused:

:-o

Fashion a harness and reins, and have it tow you home?

:-o

Fashion a harness and reins, and have it tow you home?
It towed me quite a ways down the lake. While I was deciding what to do with him . He decided that he had been on the top of the water too long and dove down. When he went head down tail up he splashed so much water you couldn't have got me wetter if you had threw a 5 gallon bucket of water on me

I landed a 30 lb Bluecat out of my kayak. Got it up along side the boat first thought was Wow nice fish . Second thought was now what the H*** do I do with it :confused:

I've caught 3-4 foot bull sharks from kayaks and I pull their assess into the kayak with me LOL.

Anything over 4 feet and I cut the line... Not scared of the shark as much as I'm worried about flipping the kayak and loosing my gear.

I listed my bass hunter EX little rotomolded boat for sale today. We got 2 of them for bow fishing, that way 4 people could go... But me and my brother in law is the only one that ever goes, so we only need one... Listed the other for sale. If it sells I'll likely get another kayak. I've tried quite a few. I don't have any interest in peddle types, just regular paddle kayaks... So far the best has been the bonafide SS series. But I want to try out either the big fish 120 or Kaku wahoo next.

Sold my vibe maverick fishing paddle board and bonafide SS107 kayak to buy the bonefish 14 skiff I use most of the time. The deal was too good to pass up and I wanted to jump on it before it sold... But now I only have a sit inside kayak, and much prefer a sit on top for fishing.

When these tuna are bighting at near 100 miles offshore, a ticket boat ain't a bad way to get there. The old cuddy cabin I had didn't have that kind of range, or seaworthiness. I completely understand the appeal of a very small vessel, the peddle kayaks are very popular out here. I think a small aluminum boat and a kicker sized engine would be a hoot!

When these tuna are bighting at near 100 miles offshore, a ticket boat ain't a bad way to get there. The old cuddy cabin I had didn't have that kind of range, or seaworthiness. I completely understand the appeal of a very small vessel, the peddle kayaks are very popular out here. I think a small aluminum boat and a kicker sized engine would be a hoot!

100 miles. *pffft*
:p;)

Enjoy the game, fellas!

Big Mac pizza...
MVsfVQP.jpg

422GAp9.jpg

Top is Big Mac sauce, shredded lettuce, chopped pickle, and steamed chopped onions. Underneath is ground beef, American cheese, a little ketchup. Very tasty! :thumbsup:

The Crust looks good. ;)
Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back