Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only pay attention to my team and they were a dumpster fire this year so i didnt even bother to pay attention to their games.
Football is for entertainment, i couldnt care less what opinions someone has thats job is to entertain me.

Not a big sports guy here either. Could care less about the super bowl.

I didnt watch any sport at all until 2002. I was busy with everything else there was to do, and not watching tv. And there wasnt much a point in watching sports since i did sports, well wrestling, did it from 3rd grade on. Heck, in high school, we would have a football game, wrestlers vs the football players. Based on that, i never had respect for football players. Ya get older and find something to root for, it has its own merit to it.

Growing up, my dad never watched sports. He would watch an occasional boxing match. My friends weren't into sports that much either. The coach in school tried to get me to go out for basketball, but, as an introvert, I couldn't make myself play in front of crowds. He wanted me to play, because in PE, we played with the older classes, and I did a good job of blocking shots, getting rebounds, etc. My shooting ability was so so.

Enjoy the game, fellas!

Big Mac pizza...
MVsfVQP.jpg

422GAp9.jpg

Top is Big Mac sauce, shredded lettuce, chopped pickle, and steamed chopped onions. Underneath is ground beef, American cheese, a little ketchup. Very tasty! :thumbsup:

quoting in case I ever decide to stop eating - this is 100% surefire appetite suppressant.
<barf>

When we played basketball in pe, i would pick out the biggest guy and just tackle him.

I also didnt like crowds, luckily, in wrestling everyone else always seemed to fall away.

Rescued this little lady recently. A drought on the west end of the island has caused many does to abandon their fawns as they have no milk. So far, so good. She has taken the powdered goats milk well, and is responding to a warm rag to stimulate her stools.

We tried to save another one earlier, but after two days it expired. Life is tough sometimes.

Time will tell.
6B8843AB-6718-4E85-AC2A-4A92EA23AC6E.jpeg

I was half decent at basketball, better at 3 pointers than free throws... But got angry when people got in my face to block shots.... Played football in highschool. Got selected for starting wide receiver... Ended up quiting to go to work... Money was more important... My highschool team was horrible though.... Yet I still would've played if I didn't have to work...

I don't mind playing sports with friends and family.. but watching them is another thing entirely.

Little bit tipsy now... Hope y'all enjoy the night. I'll probably sleep soon LOL

The only sport I ever played was chasing (or being chased by) livestock lol. Today's "big game" was trying to separate two cows who wanted nothing more than to kill each other.

That pizza sounds darn good other than the pickles, y'all need to lighten up :D

I'm also now taking suggestions on what my first legal liquor purchase should be..

Speaking of little boats and kayaks, this was almost ten years ago at the Catalina isthmus.
Yn29xDU.jpg

Cat Harbor faces the ocean on the weather side.

Looked good to me, minus the pickles.

I like pickles, but not on anything else. Other than that, the pizza sounded pretty good.

Was just looking at the forecast before I get some sleep......we aren't going to get above zero again until the 15th. The next week at work is gonna be very long dealing with the cold. Lows range from -16 to -27 before wind chill is factored in. Definitely gonna be busting out the flannel and thermal underwear.

Re: "pizza"

1) iceberg lettuce on pizza. It's on there cold, because you don't cook iceberg. So... weird and gross.
2) And entire bottle of 'special sauce' on a crappy salad on top of... I guess there's some burger meat under there?

It just looks like a bad salad being heated from below.

re: Catalina
Dang, they got whacked! I hope people are ok. :-O
I've surveyed the snot out of the surrounding area.

AC, you're up in the Dakotas?
Here in Rhody I'm complaining that we want to send Vermont's weather back to them. :-/
8" yesterday, but clear, crisp and beautiful this morning (15F). We're supposed to get snow and temps in the teens (down to 5F?) every day this week.

My first thought was:
Nah, that "Pizza" must be a fake, but I studied in the UK and have seen and tasted abominations that were way more absurd than that...
However, I don't do fast food anymore, so I'll give it a pass.

Now for something completely different: If someone needs to do a miter cut on skirting boards, I can recommend the Festool Sym 70 symmetric.
That thing is so easy to use (no more calculating the opposite angle) and the results are better than anything I tried before...
Living room is nearly finished. I hope my next weekend will be the first weekend in 3 years with a functioning living room.

Fingers crossed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back