Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues at all. Last I heard, it's in Texas now, and still not a single issue.

Huh, well I'm glad it didn't effect you lol. I had heard that the white paint wasn't great on them but I didn't think I would have any problems. Mine isn't too terrible but it's about a 5 inch long area near the window with 7 or 8 chips in it. I think I have a touch up paint pen around the house somewhere I just haven't gotten around to finding it yet.

A Cbear sighting! Whatcha been up to?

Turned 21 four days ago.. I don't like getting older lol.
Not too much, moved to Chicago and bought a house with my sister so we have somewhere to take care of the parents as they get older. Started a foodie group on Facebook and been expanding my cooking. Making Tradewater proud.

Congrats on turning 21. Cheers and beers sir.

Random snark...

Dawson, how old are you now? Like 18? 21?

WW, You still smoking out the snark threads?

Aloha fellas.

How's it going bro. You still interpreting?

Haven't smoked any devil's lettuce in about a couple years, cigarettes either for that matter, trying to still be alive to see my kids fully grown. Responsibility and getting older has its ups and downs LOL

How's it going bro. You still interpreting?

Haven't smoked any devil's lettuce in about a couple years, cigarettes either for that matter, trying to still be alive to see my kids fully grown. Responsibility and getting older has its ups and downs LOL
Still interpreting. Taking a break right now to deal with anxiety and depression. Signed up for disability, been denied 3 times and waiting to see a judge to get a final determination. Should be 18-24 months before I see the judge though so right now is no knives for bear. No big deal though, I have plenty.

In better news, my barrel at Makers Mark matured so next month I am going down to pick up a few bottles. Also I've started a new project, turning a Makers Mark Barrel into a cocktail bar for my man cave at the new houae.

Not too much, moved to Chicago and bought a house with my sister so we have somewhere to take care of the parents as they get older. Started a foodie group on Facebook and been expanding my cooking. Making Tradewater proud.

Congrats on turning 21. Cheers and beers sir.

Making Tradewater proud is a valiant pursuit haha.

Thanks!

Forecast says it might get down to 8° tomorrow night.

I know that's not super cold for some of y'all, but here in the greater Houston area it's breaking all kinds of records. It's bad enough that they are predicting rolling power blackouts because we use winter to get our power plants ready for summer.

It was -3° or so here last night, with a -20° wind chill. 3° right now, -17° wind chill, with snow on the way.

It was -3° or so here last night, with a -20° wind chill. 3° right now, -17° wind chill, with snow on the way.
Ouch.

Latest forecast says we might get as much as 5" of snow on top of 1/4" of ice. We're starting to hunker down and just wait it out.

That is unusual for Texas. This is normal for us, or at least, it used to be. Lately we've had less severe weather this time of year.

Forecast says it might get down to 8° tomorrow night.

I know that's not super cold for some of y'all, but here in the greater Houston area it's breaking all kinds of records. It's bad enough that they are predicting rolling power blackouts because we use winter to get our power plants ready for summer.

There was a cold snap in houston when i was an infant. We were in a mobile home without heat so my parents were very concerned. Luckily i made it through.

Just looked it up, my first christmas was 11 degrees in houston. I didnt know but there was also a tornado and hurricane that year. I might have to ask my parents about that.

Its currently -1° here in the greater Chicago area, with a Real Feel of -17°. But I'm warm and toasty at 45° in my room with the windows open. I actually use my windows as a mini fridge during the winter months. Keep drinks in there to have cold anytime I want. Sometimes it gets too cold at night though and they freeze. Oh well.

Forgot today was Valentine's Day, haha. Made the wife coffee in bed, as I do on Saturday and Sunday mornings, brought it to her, went back in the man cave, and there was a card and candy. Oops. I actually couldn't figure out why she got it for me right off the bat. I'm blaming it on COVID. Threw me off, haha. Anywhos, she went to church, and I ran out to the store and got her a nice card, and a box of candy. Took her out for a romantic burger, and all was well.

Forgot today was Valentine's Day, haha. Made the wife coffee in bed, as I do on Saturday and Sunday mornings, brought it to her, went back in the man cave, and there was a card and candy. Oops. I actually couldn't figure out why she got it for me right off the bat. I'm blaming it on COVID. Threw me off, haha. Anywhos, she went to church, and I ran out to the store and got her a nice card, and a box of candy. Took her out for a romantic burger, and all was well.

Good recovery. And definitely the best use of blaming Covid that I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back