Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, WW!
GREAT starting size bike.
Highly recommend the MSF intro course. It's required out here before you can get a M/C license.
Be safe out there.

Costco have a sale?
don't forget limes stain the blades! ;)

LOL... I wish there was a sale... But I was out... And I normally buy 5-6 cases at a time. They last me a few months.

And no fruit is allowed to touch my beer :D

Woah, WW!
GREAT starting size bike.
Highly recommend the MSF intro course. It's required out here before you can get a M/C license.
Be safe out there.

Part of the deal buying the bike included a helmet and the safety course and test fees in order to get the motorcycle license endorsement. I'm scheduled for the next class, which is at the end of May... I can go to the courthouse and get a learner's permit before then though, which I will...

I've driven it about 20 miles today on back roads with low traffic and lower speeds. Fastest I've gone was 60, but mostly stayed between 25-45. Just trying to get a feel for it.

My brother in law, Curt, has driven motorcycles and dirt bikes all his life, so he's been helping and follows me while practicing.

Changing gears is easy... I need more practice turning LOL

Just got back from the cabin. Best time ever. Weather was freaking perfect. It hit 72ยฐ down there today. Won't do yet another boring cabin thread, but will post up some Becker knife photos.

Installed a new 4ft LED light in my cabin this weekend:

Ran the wire through some hooks:

Plugged it into the new electric generator my fil got me for Christmas:

Works very well. Nice to finally have some bright lighting:

The generator shows 12 hours of lighting from a 98% charge:

Really happy with this set up. Also, the generator can be charged via the solar panel that came with it.

Finally figure out what made the crashing noises during the last big storm. A substantial white pine came down in the wooded log adjacent to my place. Took at least 4 small trees with it, including a black birch. And fortunately one invasive ailanthus.

BK-21 for scale:

IMG_20210305_115402-small.jpg

IMG_20210305_115429-small.jpg

IMG_20210305_115827-small.jpg

IMG_20210305_120014-small.jpg

IMG_20210305_120100-small.jpg

Big dang tree.

Not sure what the brand is. The wife picked it up in an antique store. Looks brand new.

She has another smaller one, I believe she calls a berry pot. Crap photo, but it's on the table. She removed it when we were hanging the light:

She just told me she paid $4 for that pot. The GSI, or GSI look alike, that is.

Finally figure out what made the crashing noises during the last big storm. A substantial white pine came down in the wooded log adjacent to my place. Took at least 4 small trees with it, including a black birch. And fortunately one invasive ailanthus.

BK-21 for scale:

IMG_20210305_115402-small.jpg

IMG_20210305_115429-small.jpg

IMG_20210305_115827-small.jpg

IMG_20210305_120014-small.jpg

IMG_20210305_120100-small.jpg

Once they are down.....all I see is Fun!

Alpine stars armor and Arai helmets worth every penny. Buy the best gear possible and wear it EVERY TIME.

Couple of things to remember.

Ride loose. Be relaxed.

Scan constantly. When you get a front tire blowout, donโ€™t hammer the front brake.

At speeds above 20mph, you push the bars in the opposite direction you want to go.

Every now and then warm up the sides of the tires when you are confident there is zero traffic and the roads arenโ€™t covered in loose dirt or gravel.

Check your tires every time you ride.

Use quality fuel, and stabilizer when stored.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Haha! I got lots to learn before I could do anything like that.

My wife isn't happy I got it, which probably means she actually loves me :D

Turn 37 today. Headed to Jax to play some top golf, look for a decent motorcycle jacket, and eat some good food.
Happy Birthday! 37??? Ya old bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back