Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as hammer fired sigs go, when i was much younger i was confident that i would be purchasing a sas(?) sig, which i dont recall the model number. Smoothed out edges, stainless steel frame and wood grips. Never bought one and can only vaguely picture it.

as far as the p99 goes, if someone wants a da/sa striker fired polymer pistol with a decocker but dislike the paddle mag release, canik is a great place to look. Their ergos are close to the walthers and they are reportedly just as reliable.

That's like an Amazon A3 box in anyone else's hands.

YES! I have definite opinions! Suspense was too much, I had to make 10k just to respond to the DA/SA situation. :p

I'm an SA man. My first and possibly favorite pistol is a 50th Anniversary Blackhawk .357. My favorite competition centerfire pistol is a Kimber TLE-II (1911). So you understand where I'm coming from...

In a modern fighting gun (I am not a professional gunfighter, hate being shot at, and have no desire to ever be forced to fire in anger), I prefer DA-only. I want CONSISTENCY more than I want that light, precise trigger. Also because when the adrenaline drops, smooth motor control goes to sh*t, hands clench, consistency is key, and accidental discharges are to be avoided at all cost. After a super weird experience in a steel plate match with a 6" .38, where I couldn't NOT cock the hammer when the buzzer went off, I MADE myself learn to shoot DAO by finding a 4" HB S&W Model-10, bobbing the hammer (a replacement, didn't modify the original), and then entering IDPA matches in the SSR category. I learned that shooting a long, SMOOTH, medium trigger pull under pressure is not that hard and actually can combat flinch because you're forced to pull *through*. (made my best moving target snap shots in a state match with the Kimber, tho - surprised myself)

That said, I also like SIG's decocker. LOVE the P225. The P228 is ugly, but my buddy's shoots REALLY well in my hands, better than the 225. But... ugly. Tho if I were to pick a brand new SIG as a carry gun, I'd see if the P220 Carry Elite could be had in DAO.

That's like an Amazon A3 box in anyone else's hands.

YES! I have definite opinions! Suspense was too much, I had to make 10k just to respond to the DA/SA situation. :p

I'm an SA man. My first and possibly favorite pistol is a 50th Anniversary Blackhawk .357. My favorite competition centerfire pistol is a Kimber TLE-II (1911). So you understand where I'm coming from...

In a modern fighting gun (I am not a professional gunfighter, hate being shot at, and have no desire to ever be forced to fire in anger), I prefer DA-only. I want CONSISTENCY more than I want that light, precise trigger. Also because when the adrenaline drops, smooth motor control goes to sh*t, hands clench, consistency is key, and accidental discharges are to be avoided at all cost. After a super weird experience in a steel plate match with a 6" .38, where I couldn't NOT cock the hammer when the buzzer went off, I MADE myself learn to shoot DAO by finding a 4" HB S&W Model-10, bobbing the hammer (a replacement, didn't modify the original), and then entering IDPA matches in the SSR category. I learned that shooting a long, SMOOTH, medium trigger pull under pressure is not that hard and actually can combat flinch because you're forced to pull *through*. (made my best moving target snap shots in a state match with the Kimber, tho - surprised myself)

That said, I also like SIG's decocker. LOVE the P225. The P228 is ugly, but my buddy's shoots REALLY well in my hands, better than the 225. But... ugly. Tho if I were to pick a brand new SIG as a carry gun, I'd see if the P220 Carry Elite could be had in DAO.

Thanks for the insight! It's quite helpful. I didn't understand the appeal of a SAO, but now see how it could be really appealing. Also, I hadn't even thought about the possibility of a DAO.

And thanks for breaking the silence.

Time for more research.

SAO is crisp, precise, and consistent.
And especially if you've spent more trigger time on precision match hardware, it's an easier transition.
But I think these days I prefer SAO for recreational or hunting handguns vs. non-wilderness defensive.

Its nice that we have so many options. Its also nice that so many of the firearm companies successfully make reliable and durable firearms. Its especially nice when you can own a variety of firearms.

Thanks for the insight! It's quite helpful. I didn't understand the appeal of a SAO, but now see how it could be really appealing. Also, I hadn't even thought about the possibility of a DAO.

And thanks for breaking the silence.

Time for more research.

I'm jumping in late....but before you buy, see if you can try out a variety beforehand. Some ranges have rentals, or talk to a buddy....

Obviously not all firearms are the same.
I've shot buddies pistols that I first thought were Broken, because the trigger pull felt So Wonky! Only to find that's how it's "supposed" to be.

You might like something, and another doesn't. It's good to know what's out there.

Triggers usually smooth out with use. And sometime people take it upon themselves to over-enthusiastically make it smooth, rendering it wonky. Or they install an apex which might go off if you blow on it too much.

Plenty of people have preconceived notions and it can be hard not to be influenced by them. You might know someone that loves glocks and boasts about their reliability, but when you get one and hold it, you can't shoot it accurately since it doesnt fit you. Or you might know some people that think all polymer are junk so you get a steel frame handgun and its just too uncomfortable to carry... yada yada.

I have steel frame, polymer, striker, hammer, semi-auto, revolver, and even a glock. I still need a 1911 in my life. As well as a sig... too many options.

I love Sig... Also like Smith, Ruger, Colt, kimber, H&k... All firearms matter... Except Glock. Glock sucks :D

Test drove a Can-am ryker... I love that thing, it's like a 4 wheeler had a love child with a motorcycle... Trying to convince myself I don't NEED it... But maybe I DO NEED IT?

Been driving my little MT-03 nearly everyday. A fun little bike.

Been noticing the Rykers myself here lately. Been spending time on FB Marketplace, and came across a few.

If you like driving 4wheelers, you'd like these, they are badass imo... Shaft driven, CVT, comfortable on my bad knees..

They don't drive like a bike at all though... No leaning, no gears to shift through... Seems like people either love them or hate them for those reasons alone. But they do feel a bit safer as well, more planted on the road. I went from 0-90mph without any feelings of unease.

I probably won't get one, but they do look cool. I've been looking at VW trikes, always wanted one. That's how I came across the Ryker.

Or a street legal VW rail buggy.

I have just realized that guitar pedals are simply another knife market.
*facepalm*
Out of the frying pan and into the... other frying pan.
(beer too)

Hmm... I guess I own a Ryker now...

I'm retarded...
n06cltR.jpg

Nice! You gonna get the rear seat for the wife?

You could always get the tilting conversion:

I'll probably get the rear seat at some point. The wife shows very little interest in riding anything where she doesn't have a full seat to herself with her up front LOL

That conversion is pretty sweet actually. Would make it feel more like a bike. Right now it's like a fast 4wheeler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back