Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i moved out to the pacific northwest, leavenworth was the place that people had to make sure i visited. For those that dont know it, its a bavarian town in washington. I still think of the penitentiary or barracks in kansas. Overall its a neat little town even though it was crowded when i went there.

Today, i drove through a town on the way to a job. Town called poulsbo. Really cool nordic town that is dubbed viking city. People that live around here dont even know about it. Google images of poulsbo and make sure you check out the viking statue. The best part was that i just happened to happen by this town and it caught me unaware. I plan to go spend a day there within a couple months.

Nice looking place. The viking statue is cool.

That conversion is pretty sweet actually. Would make it feel more like a bike. Right now it's like a fast 4wheeler.
It really is pretty cool. Pricey, I'm sure.

Looks like we have dicey weather headed our way. Hail, and tornadoes possible.

Hmm... I guess I own a Ryker now...

I'm retarded...
n06cltR.jpg
what's It like in snow?

They seem neat, but I've never ridden or seen one close up.... That's awesome that it's safer in wind.

I've had little bikes that were pretty scary on the open road going fast

I've had this week off. One of my main goals was to dispose of the 30 bags of yard waste I have. The city where I live placed a burn ban, due to "COVID". Stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Anyways, they had a place you could haul it to, right outside the city limits. Problem was, out of towners were bringing stumps, and regular garbage to the site, and some of the locals were disposing of their yard waste in plastic bags, which was a no-no, supposed to be in paper yard waste bags so they could burn it. So, they closed that area until they could clean it up, supposedly. So, after the town meeting Wednesday, they voted to place a permanent ban on burning yard waste. You can have a fire with wood, just not leaves and grass clippings. Plus, they decided to permanently close the out of town facility. So now, I'm stuck with 30 bags of yard waste, with nowhere to take it to. Most of it I put in my shed, to keep it dry, and I need my shed back. This town sucks.

Sounds like you have a duty to have a fire (with wood) every night, sipping on makers mark, slowly trickling in handfuls of leaves and grass.
That shore would be a lot of fires, haha.

compost it? or mix it with portland and make your own turfstone to build a new shed or driveway?
I do have somewhat of a compost pile. Probably take forever for the gumballs to break down, however.

Turns out, the retired roofer who comes around to work selling home made beef jerky also wants to go inshore ocean fishing. Hmmm? :rolleyes:
Ft2AQCz.png

As we were talking, I was telling him how every time I've tried to get a group together, like he wants to do, it doesn't seem to work out. People have commitments and schedules. We'll see.

Last edited:
I do have somewhat of a compost pile. Probably take forever for the gumballs to break down, however.

Go to Home Depot and rent their small chipper/shredder. A couple of hours and you can have that 30 bags shredded down to no more than 3 or 4 bags, including the gum balls. The much smaller pile will compost much more quickly and take up less room in the yard - AND you won't have to worry if they get wet then.

Don't know how much they charge up there in Illinois, but here in central Texas, the fee is $71 / 4 hours. I have a Troy built chipper/shredder that I paid $400 for 15 years ago and it still works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back