Not exactly a sword...

Really? I'm not seeing the asymmetrical profile in the Oso Grande videos, and they're showing the spear heads from all different angles.
But then again it could just be the fact that I don't know what you're talking about.

Cold Steel pole arms other than the MAA line are made by cutting the head out of a flat sheet of steel. The socket is cut out of the same flat sheet as a quadrilateral shape, then formed around a mandrel to make it a tapered cylinder. The tip of the shaft rests against the back side of the head and is quite naked; the socket is frequently not welded, just has the ends butted together. It is not aesthetically pleasing, yet it is still plenty strong. I have had my CS shovel with that socket type for almost 25 years now, used it a lot, and I have only replaced the handle once after my boys kept leaving it outside in the rain and it split. The MAA line has the sockets fully enclosed from what I can see, but since there is both a regular Boar Spear and a MAA Boar Spear, there is some confusion, I have also seen a picture of the MAA one that looks like it has an open socket, so I am hardly certain what would arrive if I ordered one.

Cold Steel pole arms other than the MAA line are made by cutting the head out of a flat sheet of steel. The socket is cut out of the same flat sheet as a quadrilateral shape, then formed around a mandrel to make it a tapered cylinder. The tip of the shaft rests against the back side of the head and is quite naked; the socket is frequently not welded, just has the ends butted together. It is not aesthetically pleasing, yet it is still plenty strong. I have had my CS shovel with that socket type for almost 25 years now, used it a lot, and I have only replaced the handle once after my boys kept leaving it outside in the rain and it split. The MAA line has the sockets fully enclosed from what I can see, but since there is both a regular Boar Spear and a MAA Boar Spear, there is some confusion, I have also seen a picture of the MAA one that looks like it has an open socket, so I am hardly certain what would arrive if I ordered one.

Oh.

Alright that makes sense.

Really? I'm not seeing the asymmetrical profile in the Oso Grande videos, and they're showing the spear heads from all different angles.

But then again it could just be the fact that I don't know what you're talking about.

I was regarding the boar spear, assegi, etc. Those look better, aesthetically except for the gloss (imo).

Cheers
GC

Back