Not liking the seax at all

Ive had this knife for a while now and it hasnt grown on me a bit. Im an emerson fan but the ergos on it arent working for me at all. The grip feels split in two like a push dagger because of the middle hump. It feels great in reverse grip but no so much in forward. The contego has a similar thing going on but i dont mind it as much. Next is the grip shape which is similar to the vindicator or patriot but instead of a wide clip point you get an upside down cqc7 shape which doesnt really flow aesthetically. The wave is my last gripe which forces you to open your grip to rest your thumb on it. It gives the feeling your holding a very dangerous waffle cone. The slight backward cant of the blade doesnt help anything either since the main grip sort of wants to swing at 45 degrees, arm length slashes feel compromised. I think a wharncliff emerson was a great idea but i think a more symetrical grip like the a100 or 7 would have been a better match especially without a wave so you could lock your grip and get your thumb on the spine. Just my irrelevant ramblings i hope you guys all love yours!

I'm with you Timothy, the Seax feels really odd in my hand. I'm glad I got to hold one before spending money and being disappointed. I also noticed it's not on EKI's website anymore.

Dave....⚔

Yeah the fit finish, action, and centering are perfect on mine but it feels awkward in anything but a reverse grip. If i choke back back on the grip and twist it in my hand with the thumb on the edge of the g10 it feels reasonably secure. Its the only emerson that hasnt agreed with me but i still enjoy it and will continue working with it.

Thanks i have nothing i'd wanna swap anyway all my others are perfect. On a side note the old blackhawk bewharned is about as emerson in design as you can get. Maybe that knife jinxed the seax lol.

I got a chance to hold one before I ordered it, the ergos weren’t there for me either. I guess I’m spoiled with my 15’s... cheers!!

Back