Question Not receiving bf linked emails?

I'm talking about members who are trying to email me via blade forums email link. My email address is correct, site PMs work, checked junk mail, etc. I've had people thinking i was snubbing or ignoring them!

Any ideas, help, suggestions, account corrections, etc. would be much appreciated.

Fmont Fmont What bladeforums email link?
Are you saying that you've posted your email; and are getting no responses?
Or are you (mistakenly) thinking there is a way for people to email through the forum without you posting your email?

Last edited:
The "Send Email" option disappeared with the platform change - a little over 2 years ago. While it was commonplace on vBulletin forums, it is a feature not offered on XenForo.
Your question seems to imply that something isn't working, though... if that is the case, perhaps you can better explain what you are experiencing?

I'm not even sure! I have had two people ask me if they got my BF email they sent me. But they're asking that in PMs. I'm at a loss.

If those people had actually tried to use BF email to contact you, they would have realized there is no such option.

* maybe if you'd had previous communication with them that originated with the old system, and they dug up the old email to renew contact... but it's been over two years since I used vBulletin based email; so it's workings are a fuzzy memory. I think there were two response options - one that went directly through your email server, and one that bounced back through the site's server to keep your email address private?

I don't know what option was being used. All i know is I've had a couple people ask me if I got their emails (ppl that didn't have my email address). Said they sent them via BF.

I've reached out to one of the individuals to see if he can tell me exactly where he clicked.

You registered right around the time of the changeover - probably just after; so that killed the only possibility I came up with.
I would be very surprised if any of them could tell you how they emailed you...but you've piqued my curiosity

Mine as well

Back