Not so perfect GAW, Winner: fishcakes!

I've been a member here for a couple of years now, learned a lot, but never really "gave back" except for having a paid membership. So I had an opportunity arise where I thought I could rectify that. Well I was lucky enough to order both the BF Drover and CC’s SFO #35 in ebony, and what can I say, I fell in love the ebony! Now don’t get me wrong, the color, jigging pattern and that worm-groove are all attractive on the BF knife. I guess that I just prefer the subdued look and feel of wood or micarta for my pocket knives. (IDK, bone just feels cold to me) So then, what should I do with this new knife that I know I’ll never use? You guessed it, give it away!

Now for the “not so perfect” portion of this GAW…

This knife is, one of those “you need to open the main before you can open the awl” knives you may have heard about in this premier run of the #35’s, so please be aware of this fact going in. With the main open, the awl does open and close very smoothly. I do believe however that flushing and working the pivots, or even sending it into GEC for a minor adjustment would take care of this issue, if in fact this is seen as an issue to any of you at all. Personally, I’ve always had problems getting to the secondary with the main in the way, so I normally open my multi-blade knives in that order anyhow. Regardless, the knife is perfect in every other way, IMO. (Except of course that its bone and I just can’t get myself to like bone covers. I get it, I’m odd.)

This is open to ALL MEMBERS and I’ll let it run through Friday October 21st. One entry per person please. Just state “I’m in” and you’re in. I'll run a randomizer to pick the winner sometime that following Saturday. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Thank you BladeForums and thank you to all the great people involved in bringing this new pattern to the masses!
(Sorry for all the portrait photos, strangely 1/3 would get cut off when I had them in landscape)

Last edited:
I'm in!

And thank you very much for a very generous opportunity at a gAw

I'm in.

I usually stay out of GAWs but I know someone who would love one of these.

I'm in. Thanks for the chance! I will be doing one of these as well in the future. Great way to give back!

Incredibly generous, Ocarr! Thank you for the opportunity. I'm in! Good luck to all entrants!

I bet it just needs a lot of love, I'm in...thanks for the generous offer.

~Chip

Ocarr, this is very GENEROUS!!! I am not in as I am fortunate to own one of these wonderful knives. Mine too was slightly flawed but completely worked out and is now a favorite of mine.

Thank you for a terrific GAW and good luck to all entrants.

This is way too tempting for me not to enter. I am in! Ocarr, thank you for the awesome GAW!

Back