Not to sure about the BK11

The only reason I like the 14-24 over the 11 is it feels better in my hand and I have made a lot of holes in the front pockets and leg pockets from the rear end of the 11 :p the 14-24 are better on my pockets. I have used the 24 around water while fishing even went swimming with it a few times doesn't seem to rust although I guess it could. All three are great, take your pick

I just picked up a BK11 and I’ve had the 14 for years (obviously same shape/size as the 24). I can see how the butt on the 11 could chew pockets but I think it’ll make it into EDC rotations no problem, might round the corners a little for that reason. BK11 vs. BK14; I can honestly say my preference would be the 14s handle and that’s what I’d likely recommend to people between the two. But I’m sure some hands fit each one differently. Both are great and very capable fixed blades.
I expected the 11 to be noticeably shorter than the 14 but upon seeing and using it I see it’s not. They’re practically the same length (especially if the 14’s been sharpened a few hundred times).

I like the 11 for the slightly more compact overall size and the tools on the rear end. I actually have used it quite a bit for bottle caps and some light prying. The factory micarta scales are nice as well. I wound up selling the 24 I had because we just didn’t click. Fine knife as well though.

The 11 handle did not fit me very well, the little guard and the bump in the middle were just wrong somehow. I made some mods and now it’s somewhat better. And I hate the notch in the end. The knife itself is handy otherwise. I have a 14 on the way which I think will be much better for me. Ymmv.

I like the BK-14 as it's easier to sharpen than the BK-24. I own both. I have TKC scales on the -24. I will probably buy some for the -14 at some point. I generally prefer scales regardless and don't care for paracord wraps in general. They get dirty and I would be too lazy to re-do it. Takes skill too which I lack. Don't own a BK-11 as I just didn't care for the handle shape when I was comparing in a store.

Frankly, it's hard for me not to choose the White River Backpacker Pro these days as I like the sheath and generally just about everything about that little knife I believe the blade steel is thinner too (at least thinner than the BK-24).

Added: The BK-14 and BK-24 were the first "neck knives" that I actually liked other than the little Dozier Canoe model. The Blackjack 155 is one I liked "on paper" but after playing around with it, I would rather carry a Becker. I do like the leather sheath on the 155 however and one of the few I would actually wear around my neck.

Last edited:
I really like my BK14 but I always wish the scales/handle was about 1/2" longer.

One day I'm going to find the right piece of wood and correct that but still it may be time for a BK14 II.

I really like my BK14 but I always wish the scales/handle was about 1/2" longer.

One day I'm going to find the right piece of wood and correct that but still it may be time for a BK14 II.
My custom BK11 with extended handle gifted to me by Creaky Bones Creaky Bones :

We’ve been saying this for years.

I added a cedar handle to one of my 14’s (2nd knife from the top) and it’s a whole different knife in a really awesome way.

193PxGt.jpg

Last edited:
Back