Not Too Happy Limited Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom19176

Gold Member
I ordered two of the Fourth of July limited edition 110s. One was picture perfect, the other basically had two blue spots with no wood grain only blue dye visible in two big circles. Not good looking at all. I posted the pictures on a Face Book Buck site and Sarah told me to email her. I did and she sent me a return postage label ( took over a week to get it), and then I sent it back to Buck. The label they sent was the slowest ever delivery I have ever seen. It took 9 days to get back to Buck. It then took several days for them to send out the replacement. It took eight days on that shipping method to get to me. I opened the new one, and the color was some what better but not as good as the perfect one I got with the first set, and there were scratches right on the front scale.....I own well over 200 Bucks and I have never returned one till now. I will not buy another Limited Edition from the factory again. I am sure if I had an issue with a reseller, I would have been treated better.....Sorry Buck, but this has me a bit mad. I have always posted good things about Buck, and while Sarah was very nice in her emails, it seems no one took the time to see that a loyal customer was taken care of on his first ever return......

Well, they did send you a shipping label and exchanged the knife. I cannot see how it could be Buck's fault that the postal service was slower than you desired. It sounds like they did take time for you. DM

Dave the slow shipping was a bit of an issue, but they sent a replacement that was barely better and had scratches on the handle!!! That is my main issue. Would you not make sure you sent a perfect knife back to a customer ? These were $100 each....

Sorry to hear about the bad examplet you received. I'm surprised though. Your saying you will never buy another LE again now? Over 200in your collection and this was the first return? . You are definitely a collector. You know then as well as anyone that not everyone or everything is perfect. The strong reaction and abandonment is what surprises me. The people there typically get an A+ in customer service,

Maybe the bar has been set too high on expectations. Too bad you received a poor example though. I would imagine they would be happy to send a replacement for a better result.

Some guys here will defend Buck no matter what--pay no attention.

Most of us realize that Buck needs to address their quality control issues and seems to be darn slow in doing so effectively.

Buck.........wake up. It's bad enough that you drop the ball on the first knife, but you should be 100% sure that a replacement is perfect.

You know this and we all know you know it........so do it.

I am not so sure that if you had bought it from a reseller it would have went any better. I recently bought a dealer exclusive Buck and the dealer told me to send it back to Buck. I will not buy any more knives from this dealer.

I think I would contact Buck and explain what someone there thoughtlessly did. I believe they will take care of the issue.

frustrating, but send it back again. hopefully 3rd times the charm.

Dave the slow shipping was a bit of an issue, but they sent a replacement that was barely better and had scratches on the handle!!! That is my main issue. Would you not make sure you sent a perfect knife back to a customer ? These were $100 each....
I agree with you 100%. They should have made damm sure you were going to get a descent knife back . People make mistakes sure , the people at Buck should be able to correct them on a second time around. When you can walk in and pick and choose the best example you get the feeling Buck can do no wrong.The people at Buck are all so nice. I also will not buy a Buck online it's just not worth the hassle. The quality seems to have gotten worse, time for Buck to try harder to correct it.

Do you have pictures? Of the scratches.

Do you have pictures? Of the scratches.
My thoughts also, not just of the 4th of July Buck 110, but of his other 200.....this guy probably works for CaseXX......

He spent more time complaining about slow shipping, I've never worried about how long it takes for me to get a knife that will just sit on the shelf with all the others...

First thanks for all the responses. Those of you who post here know I defend Buck often. I am not saying I won't buy any other Bucks, but no more Limited editions direct from them. I have had a few that had minor issues in the past, but lived with it. The first two that were sent had one perfect example and one with two blue circles and no grain. Every one I showed it to said send it back. When I opened the replacement, the the color was better but not as good as the other one and there were three small scratches your eyes are drawn too as soon as you opened the box. As a few of your stated, they should have taken care to send a perfect one, but they didn't.......I never post pictures here, and with the recent issues with photobucket I am not going to try....I did write Sarah back and told her the issue, but I really am not going to wait for another return label, drive miles to the UPS store, wait weeks for all this to happen, with the hopes of a better result. It is just not worth the effort....Thanks again friend for hearing me on this ....

My thoughts also, not just of the 4th of July Buck 110, but of his other 200.....this guy probably works for CaseXX......

He spent more time complaining about slow shipping, I've never worried about how long it takes for me to get a knife that will just sit on the shelf with all the others...
Check my other post friend....I have posted positive stuff about Bucks for over ten years here.....I don't need your insult.

There is one other option. Gift it to someone. Even tell them about the situation. They would probably overlook the blemish and be very happy with the gesture and a new knife.

Check my other post friend....I have posted positive stuff about Bucks for over ten years here.....I don't need your insult.
I hope my response didn't take too long.....sorry, was outside doing yardwork, not wasting my time on Facebook....guess I just get sick of people only pooping in to complain. didn't mean to insult you, so, sorry for that, but some of us supporters get suspect of the people who make claims and don't post pictures to back them up. Enjoy the rest of the day and please don't let the Bully ruin it.

I hope my response didn't take too long.....sorry, was outside doing yardwork, not wasting my time on Facebook....guess I just get sick of people only pooping in to complain. didn't mean to insult you, so, sorry for that, but some of us supporters get suspect of the people who make claims and don't post pictures to back them up. Enjoy the rest of the day and please don't let the Bully ruin it.
Thanks....Like I said am I am big Buck supporter and you made me count my Case knives only about 30 of them...lol.....I actually started this post about this limited edition and had to defend the price of it, so that added to my disappointment...http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fourth-of-july-buck-110-on-buck-site.1502233/

Tom, I just got a indigo blue dp 110. I think it is supposed to be the same color as your 4th knife. When I took it out of the package I was thinking they sent me a black G10 by accident. Is almost jet black on one side. The other side is blue tinted but dark. Each scale is a completely different color.

I understand the frustration. I think I'll save my cash from now on and go to post falls next year. Preview everything I buy.

Pete

Sorry to hear that Pete. Jeff Hubband did write to me yesterday after seeing this post and my email to Sarah. He explained that the dye they use takes different paths on each handle, but that was not noted in the AD on the Buck web site, and they show a nice blue tinted grainy handle in the ad which is not a true rep of this knife by any means......He did offer for me to send it back again, but I am not as I stated. I sent him a few pictures of part of my collection of only Buck knives ( about 100 in three shots) just to prove I am not making up a story about how good a Buck customer I am....Not going to Bash Buck, but no more Limited Editions direct from Buck anymore for me......I know we all praise their customer service and this was my first experience with it, but I was not pleased.....For a $100 knife ( which I bought two of), I expected more of Buck.....Remember this price was paid directly to them so that means no middle man or retailer to mark it up. They made a nice profit on this one and left most of us who ordered one with a bad taste. There are a few guys selling the ones they got on FB all of which look as bad or worse then the one I sent back....I can only assume they were equally upset.

Does anyone have some pictures? I would love to see these knives in good light.

Sounds as if the fourth of July was a DUD!! A while back I stopped buying new knives from all distributors because of low quality control. Mine were coming with dents , scratches , blades that don't fold completely. they were all sent back to buck to be observed and corrected. It wasn't worth the time. I have invested in Buckmasters and M-9's. Laying low until Buck gets it back together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back