Not using what I carry and not carrying what I use - New level of the sickness.

I have a couple knives I bought knowing I probably wouldn't reach for them for a serious cutting task, and that's ok with me. But there is something to be said for buying a quality knife that you've given yourself permission to use however you really need for cutting purposes. It's an aspect of this hobby that provides a level of enjoyment that you completely miss out on when all you do is admire your knives.

AzrwTrO.jpg

One should carefully choose which knife to keep in their glove compartment. It could go bad during a traffic stop.

2 cars, 2 Kershaws. One in each glove box, CQC-6K and an Injection 3.0.
Both are tucked away under a spare supply of napkins.
Besides, my registration is always out of the box and sitting on the dash by the time the cop gets to my window, and I don't put it away until after they leave.

Are you planning on selling said $200 knife for as much as you can on the used market?
I suppose I can understand the “catch and release” idea behind getting a new knife, fidget or carry until the newness fades and sell it for top used price as to get the “next one.”
I see many for sale knife ads with the phrases, “carried but never cut” “fidgeted but put back in box.” etc etc. then asking for 20 less than new.
I’m more of a buy it and use it guy but I also don’t own a $200 knife either. Yet :D

^
And this right here, perfectly illustrates, why I rarely spend any of my valuable time here in this sub-forum. Your extreme lack of intelligence, is glaring. :cool: :rolleyes:

^ With undue respect (which you clearly don't have any of- evident by your vile language), I'll spare you my opinion, & just add you to my ignore list instead.

You should discuss the knives, not the members. Your passive aggressive tone is just as bad as directly insulting someone.

^
And this right here, perfectly illustrates, why I rarely spend any of my valuable time here in this sub-forum. Your extreme lack of intelligence, is glaring. :cool: :rolleyes:

^ With undue respect (which you clearly don't have any of- evident by your vile language), I'll spare you my opinion, & just add you to my ignore list instead.
Seems to me you put up a couple hundred dollars saying you wouldn't be on this forum at all anymore quite some time ago. Pretty bad form to renege on your bets.

Seems to be a helluva lot of never been out the the box looking knives being sold in the exchange every minute - soooo I can't be the only one that keeps knives that don't get used. Some folks are full of wind.

At least mine travel to some interesting spots, lol.
Hey now, People selling unused knives for less than they paid on the exchange is a great way to get into a more expensive knife, pay less, and not feel bad about using it! I think those people! :thumbsup:

And just because people sell unused expensive knives on the exchange doesn't mean they also don't have expensive knives that they are using ;)
Looks like a direct insult to me
^It sure does doesn't it! :thumbsup::D:D:eek::);)

My collector-mentor gave me some advice once..

"Don't buy anything you dont intend to enjoy."
-Grandpa

Here's grandpa and his woman beating up 100 year old machine guns, the one Granpa is on has been his since the 50's, plus before that it saw 2 world wars' worth of use.

Dont buy it if you're not going to enjoy it...

Just this morning I was in my garden and needed to cut a bunch of jute twine. Brand new pimped out Waved PM2 in my pocket and I walk back in the kitchen and get my Victorinox Spartan. I understand fully.

Once I am sure the PM2 is a keeper I will start using it but right now it is a fun fidget toy.

Of course enjoying it can include not using it.

Agree. Folks that talk in a lowkey judgmental way about knives looking pristine and not being used always seem to forget that for many knives, you can use them to cut any number of things for years and still have a knife that looks like it just came out of the box. Some of us don't use our knives in a way that leads to them getting beaten up, scratched, and so on. That's not to say it's any better, just that it's not any less.

Agree. Folks that talk in a lowkey judgmental way about knives looking pristine and not being used always seem to forget that for many knives, you can use them to cut any number of things for years and still have a knife that looks like it just came out of the box. Some of us don't use our knives in a way that leads to them getting beaten up, scratched, and so on. That's not to say it's any better, just that it's not any less.
Agreed :thumbsup:
This one has been used :eek: to cut open chocolate :thumbsup:
E552CF62-2EE7-43AD-A043-A2C940DB82FD.jpeg

Of course enjoying it can include not using it.
Enjoy using it for chocolate only :cool:

Back