Not using what I carry and not carrying what I use - New level of the sickness.

If the task I have to perform isn't really something you should do with a knife? I've thought of that already...
I walk back to my car, grab my Busse Alpha Regulator, and do the job anyway. ;)

This Mini Goblin just came in today. It went straight to work (just moved into a new place)

efTYs40h.jpg

ra5lOS4h.jpg

I never sold a knife where the money actually mattered. I have sold some guns to pay off a pickup. Doesn't really take so many guns to accomplish that and I'm not in the least sorry about doing it as I am tired of gun collecting. I don't collect knives.

If someone emailed me asking if I still own and want to sell a particular gun, it might take me a couple hours to locate it. I just don't even look at them any more. Wipe them off about once a year.

Last edited:
Seems to be a helluva lot of never been out the the box looking knives being sold in the exchange every minute - soooo I can't be the only one that keeps knives that don't get used. Some folks are full of wind.

At least mine travel to some interesting spots, lol.
True to a point, but they were not carried. I have lots of knives that have not been used. Don't really care if they are used or not, but I don't carry any of them that I don't use. I might carry a couple unused knives to show off to a knife knut I might be visiting, but I doubt those would be in my pockets.

I used to buy knives just to check out. That doesn't include cutting anything necessarily unless I decide I like the knife enough to carry and use. In my case, these knives are kept and not sold. Sure I would sell a few of them if someone PM's me about a specific knife, but generally I simply don't care enough to sell them. I'm a buyer not a seller.... ;)

Seems to be a helluva lot of never been out the the box looking knives being sold in the exchange every minute - soooo I can't be the only one that keeps knives that don't get used. Some folks are full of wind.

At least mine travel to some interesting spots, lol.

There's a huge difference between what you've described and a scenario where you buy a knife, decide it's not for you and then sell it (also secondary market flippers). You seem to be willfully ignoring that basic distinction.

I never carry any knife more expensive than 35-40 dollars. Imagine dropping your knife and not knowing until it's too late. I've lost a couple of knives more than once already. Baffles me why people carry $400+ tiny Sebenzas. Can you afford to throw away $400? cause that is essentially what you do when you lose your knife. I prefer owning, carrying and using a cheap(Non-China ) knife that I'm not afraid to lose or ruin.

I'm a practical guy. I carry functional tool knives. Not pretty ones.

Mine all each serve a specific purpose and I've had 6+ on me before, plus a couple of keychain ones (Minichamp + Leatherman PS4)

I also have at least a fillet knife and a couple of moras in my car at all times.

But I DO cringe and refuse to use a 1095 blade on bags of salt (for pool and driveway).

So I have serrated H1 knives for that.

And I'm also very conscious of abusing my tip :eek:

So I always have an H1 ladybug salt around my neck (kydex holder). Even when I sleep or shower.

It's always there. It's a backup knife / knife of last resort. It has a very pointy tip and it's serrated for hard cutting if needed.

It's my always there, backup user.

I also carry a SAK ALOX electrician and that specific awl (different from most SAK awls), it a kick-ass little hard-use tool that works when nothing else will.

Moras are also AMAZING gardening knives.

I've sliced through some 3" thick reclaimed tire landscape bed trim like butter! I totally didn't expect that. A jigsaw was a miserable failure. The knife just pressed clean through!

I give them out to gardiner's I know... They think its odd ... But then later on they thank me, amazed!

Also, a Dexter 3.5" serrated net knife is an AWESOME serrated hard use beater for pennies. Grab one for a time when you need to really lay into something tough.

In short, carry or strategically stash some users.

I'm a practical guy. I carry functional tool knives. Not pretty ones.

Mine all each serve a specific purpose and I've had 6+ on me before, plus a couple of keychain ones (Minichamp + Leatherman PS4)

I also have at least a fillet knife and a couple of moras in my car at all times.

But I DO cringe and refuse to use a 1095 blade on bags of salt (for pool and driveway).

So I have serrated H1 knives for that.

And I'm also very conscious of abusing my tip :eek:

So I always have an H1 ladybug salt around my neck (kydex holder). Even when I sleep or shower.

It's always there. It's a backup knife / knife of last resort. It has a very pointy tip and it's serrated for hard cutting if needed.

It's my always there, backup user.

I also carry a SAK ALOX electrician and that specific awl (different from most SAK awls), it a kick-ass little hard-use tool that works when nothing else will.

Moras are also AMAZING gardening knives.

I've sliced through some 3" thick reclaimed tire landscape bed trim like butter! I totally didn't expect that. A jigsaw was a miserable failure. The knife just pressed clean through!

I give them out to gardiner's I know... They think its odd ... But then later on they thank me, amazed!

Also, a Dexter 3.5" serrated net knife is an AWESOME serrated hard use beater for pennies. Grab one for a time when you need to really lay into something tough.

In short, carry or strategically stash some users.

You have a knife with you when you shower? :eek: Isn't that a little bit weird? :D

I never carry any knife more expensive than 35-40 dollars. Imagine dropping your knife and not knowing until it's too late. I've lost a couple of knives more than once already. Baffles me why people carry $400+ tiny Sebenzas. Can you afford to throw away $400? cause that is essentially what you do when you lose your knife. I prefer owning, carrying and using a cheap(Non-China ) knife that I'm not afraid to lose or ruin.
I think you're missing out. I haven't truly lost a knife in years. I consider a knife lost when it disappears forever and I don't know where it is. Leaving a knife lie somewhere is not loosing them. That happened with a SAK I carried a long time, but I had a couple spares at home and didn't consider driving an hour to retrieve it. I might drive an hour to retrieve a Sebenza. The point I'm making is that I don't loose knives very often. I misplace knives at home but they turn up eventually. So, if I wanted to edc a $400-$600 knife, I'd do it. But I carry SAKs mostly anyway.

I've lost 1 knife worth $40 since I joined BF in 2006. Maybe other people don't lose their knives as easily as you do.

Back