Not using what I carry and not carrying what I use - New level of the sickness.

At least mine travel to some interesting spots, lol.
Carrying up to 3 - 4 knives now just to go to the corner store
You must have a very interesting corner store! :cool:

You know what? I think I see the problem here. You said:
I didn't want any marks getting on my overbuilt, supersteel thick stock, super lock near $200 folder.

$200 is small potatoes around these here parts. What you need is a $400-$500 knife to be your bottom ß!†¢# and then use that $200 garbage for cutting.

Last edited:
Instead of only four knives in your pockets, you should start carrying five.

Honestly, I often find my self with three customs, and three or 4 production knives. But...I do use my customs.

I've castrated calf with a $2200 custom, when I had a $6 opinel in my pocket too.

But, when I need to scrape epoxy glue off steel, or cut bags of dirt, dirty cardboard, etc, I will usually pull out the less nice knife.

This was a recent "pocket dump" at work.

Now...I get to work and these go in a drawer in the office. There was a user modern folder not in this pic.
9MoCuLX.jpg

I don't really have a lot of work for them to do st the office. But I have a computer bag that has plenty of spots to put them. The traditionals get the majority of cutting duty at work. Apples, packages, etc. The finger warncliff neck knife also. The warncliff kwaiken gets used. The longer tanto point gets carried, but not used.

Around town, when not working, often I carry the kwaiken pair, and a few tradirional folders.

tdBSAm0.jpg

emikYrJ.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, I often find my self with three customs, and three or 4 production knives. But...I do use my customs.

I've castrated calf with a $2200 custom, when I had a $6 opinel in my pocket too.

But, when I need to scrape epoxy glue off steel, or cut bags of dirt, dirty cardboard, etc, I will usually pull out the less nice knife.

This was a recent "pocket dump" at work.

Now...I get to work and these go in a drawer in the office. There was a user modern folder not in this pic.
9MoCuLX.jpg

I don't really have a lot of work for them to do st the office. But I have a computer bag that has plenty of spots to put them. The traditionals get the majority of cutting duty at work. Apples, packages, etc. The finger warncliff neck knife also. The warncliff kwaiken gets used. The longer tanto point gets carried, but not used.

Around town, when not working, often I carry the kwaiken pair, and a few tradirional folders.

tdBSAm0.jpg

emikYrJ.jpg
What is the cloth background on the wheel gun photo?

I never carry any knife more expensive than 35-40 dollars. Imagine dropping your knife and not knowing until it's too late. I've lost a couple of knives more than once already. Baffles me why people carry $400+ tiny Sebenzas. Can you afford to throw away $400? cause that is essentially what you do when you lose your knife. I prefer owning, carrying and using a cheap(Non-China ) knife that I'm not afraid to lose or ruin.
It depends on the person. I'm ok with your knife choices. My wife is hard on sunglasses and thus doesn't spend over 10$. My son and upcoming son in law are both hard on knives, so I don't buy them anything over 30$
Me ? My EDC is currently a small Sebenza. I don't abuse it and won't lose it. Enjoy your chosen users!

I never carry any knife more expensive than 35-40 dollars. Imagine dropping your knife and not knowing until it's too late. I've lost a couple of knives more than once already. Baffles me why people carry $400+ tiny Sebenzas. Can you afford to throw away $400? cause that is essentially what you do when you lose your knife. I prefer owning, carrying and using a cheap(Non-China ) knife that I'm not afraid to lose or ruin.
This seems like a you problem. Have you ever considered that the rest of us are just much more careful with our stuff? :D

You have a knife with you when you shower? :eek: Isn't that a little bit weird? :D

I don't intend on using it there... It's just always on me. Like a necklace or wedding ring.

But the Spyderco ARK was designed specifically for female Army vets that were getting sexually assaulted whilst showering.

I've never had this problem.

Even when I asked my wife to role play this scenario... She wasn't having any part of it.

Maybe someday.....

I have a feeling that the people that carry multiple knives during the day aren t in the group that worry about whether their edc is 5.5 oz or 4.5 oz.

Au contraire!

My BK14 is my heaviest EDC at 3oz and the rest are under 2.5oz

If I had multiple knives over 5 oz, I'd need a belt and suspenders.

Little and light for me.

I'm sure this has been said. I'll say it though.

I dont buy knives that I dont intend on using period.

I dont buy folders that I dont think I'd be willing to beat on. I've got lots of cold steel folders for this reason.

I never ever ever carry a knife that I dont expect to use.

You dance with the girl that you brought, in the shoes you're wearing.

Back