NOTABLE PAIRS : Only traditionals

Man, I don't get to this thread often enough!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Every pair on this page is certainly notable, but I'll specifically express my appreciation to Clay, who has THREE notable pairs here (more if you count all the Bucks)!!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I think the twin Case stag stockmans for you and your daughter are a fantastic concept as well as outstanding knives! :thumbsup::cool::):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a bunch of Case CV chestnut jigged bone knives that I treasure and from which I could make quite a few notable pairs. I'll post one pair today and others in the future as I find the time (and the memory :rolleyes:). I'll start with a sowbelly stockman (thanks, Ron) and a peanut:
XpPwmTd.jpg

- GT
Thank you for the kind words my friend. Your picture has made me a fan of that case chestnut bone. What a striking color in that light!

Twin brothers from different mothers: Case pattern 37 Sodbuster Jr. and a Queen model 70 Country Cousin, both from 1978 (the Case blade is 1/8" longer).

Y2W584A.jpg

Chxfd8e.jpg

- Stuart

Reminds me that Queen makes the best Sodbuster: the nicely rounded handles feel great in the hand, the blade is more pointed and with newer ones it's D2- no contest!:cool:

Thanks, Will

Thank you for the kind words my friend. Your picture has made me a fan of that case chestnut bone. What a striking color in that light!
Thanks, Clay! :) IMHO, you can't go wrong with Case chestnut jigged bone (and I consider the CV blades an added desirable feature)! :thumbsup: I wish the dye jobs from one pattern to the next (or even one knife to the next for a given pattern) were a more consistent, but I don't regret getting any of mine (some generous gifts, some purchases). I've got a Sodbuster Jr (thanks, Bob), a Swayback Jack (thanks, Paul), a Sowbelly stockman (thanks, Ron), a peanut, and a mini trapper, and I plan to get a muskrat soon. I wish they still made a chestnut jigged bone canoe!

Snapped a quick pic but I like these two paired together.

View attachment 789367
Definitely a notable pair, Jake! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That canvas micarta is sweet; I have some OD canvas micarta that's very pleasant! ;)

35 brace.

TBY89tJ.jpg
What a fine pair pf 35s, Will! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Clip, sheepsfoot, punch, and spear blades well-represented in a 2-knife set! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

The Queen Teardrop linerlocks are a fine knife for sure. I'm lucky enough to have one in WCSB, ACSB,BEM and Zebra.

Two USA Schrades, an 807UH "J.R. Stockman" and an 885UH "King Ranch". I gave the 885UH to my father after he lost the knife that he had carried for years (decades, actually), and then I inherited it after he passed away. I've always had a passing interest in knives but wasn't much of an enthusiast, despite owning several fixed blades and traditionals and carrying one or more most of the time. A while back I was trying to get into modern folders but they just weren't inspiring me. Then I spotted this little used 807UH in the local knife shop and just had to have it. That did it. I started learning about Schrade and Case and other brands and now I have added several Cases and Rough Riders and Vics to my "collection" and my daily rotation.

26517325449_7e014c246e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back