NOTABLE PAIRS : Only traditionals

Couple of Notable 72s
Red Stag 1 of 17 (UN-serialized) - Ebony one of a kind.
gG2HYUB.jpg

I had to show my wife a picture of that redstag of yours. I told her I would punch a cow to get one, she just looked at me like I’m an idiot and said “what’s so special about it?” I told her “everything”.

I drank a lot of RedStag back in the day as well, maybe that’s where the cow punching comes from.

I had to show my wife a picture of that redstag of yours. I told her I would punch a cow to get one, she just looked at me like I’m an idiot and said “what’s so special about it?” I told her “everything”.

I drank a lot of RedStag back in the day as well, maybe that’s where the cow punching comes from.

Thank you very much! I know I'm fortunate to have it and it's especially comforting to know if I ever need a cow punched, I can call on you. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :)

Another of my pairs of Case chestnut jigged bone CV folders that I find notable. Mini trapper and Sodbuster Jr this time:
79dAYyP.jpg

- GT
Chestnut is one of Case's most appealing colors and those are two of their best patterns. Very nice GT!!!

Chestnut is one of Case's most appealing colors and those are two of their best patterns. Very nice GT!!!
Thanks, James. :)

Your red stag 72 is memorable and magnificent! :eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Did you modify the blade on the ebony 72? Very cool! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Reactions: HWF
Thanks, James. :)
Your red stag 72 is memorable and magnificent! :eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Did you modify the blade on the ebony 72? Very cool! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
- GT
Thanks GT. You probably remember our friend KBA kindly made his red stag available and I jumped at the chance to own it. Probably would have become a safe queen for me except he had already put it through it's paces. That was good with me because now I actually get to carry it and use it... very gently. ;)
Regarding the ebony 72; I wanted a clip blade but it had an exceptional wide spear so it was modified. Posted a few pics on the mod here;
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/modified-production-knives-traditional-only.982153/page-86
post 1717

Goodness Gracious, Chief, what a sensational pair!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT. You probably remember our friend KBA kindly made his red stag available and I jumped at the chance to own it. Probably would have become a safe queen for me except he had already put it through it's paces. That was good with me because now I actually get to carry it and use it... very gently. ;)
Regarding the ebony 72; I wanted a clip blade but it had an exceptional wide spear so it was modified. Posted a few pics on the mod here;
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/modified-production-knives-traditional-only.982153/page-86
post 1717
Thanks for the info, James. :thumbsup: I remember Brett's red stag, but didn't realize that you have it now! :cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the link to the modification of your spear to a clip; looks fantastic! :thumbsup::thumbsup: The only mod I've ever done took an Opinel "clip" to a spearpoint, moving the opposite direction from you; always interesting to note the variety of tastes represented here! ;):cool::thumbsup:

- GT

My most notable pair are my two favorite blades. The HJ6 I won in a GAW here (thanks again Duncan and Fausto!) many years ago, and the 92 was given to me recently (thanks Terry!). The 92 is an SFO from another forum. It is a pleasure to carry and use these two.

A282FF6C-0667-4D39-A954-6667C9214654.jpeg

Back