NOTABLE PAIRS : Only traditionals

But if three is pushing the rules a bit, here’s a pair...

AnHKTUr.jpg

6mcUKnD.jpg

These two arrived in a trade :cool: Thanks Andrew:thumbsup:

Of course, some people knock Micarta (it's more than strong enough to take it :D) but I really favour it. Pimped these up to my taste by polishing the bolsters;) The 56 is one of the most comfortable in the hand patterns and Micarta offers strong yet attractive scales that unlike bone is not going to get cracked with use.

Thanks, Will

I like micarta too. And it's been around since before World War 1, so it shouldn't really be considered as a "modern" material. Tremendously more durable than most other early composition materials. I wonder if anyone knows when micarta was first used as a knife handle material? Would be interesting to read.

6mcUKnD.jpg

Of course, some people knock Micarta (it's more than strong enough to take it :D) but I really favour it. Pimped these up to my taste by polishing the bolsters;) The 56 is one of the most comfortable in the hand patterns and Micarta offers strong yet attractive scales that unlike bone is not going to get cracked with use.

Thanks, Will
That's a sweet pair Will!

JTB_5 JTB_5 Thank you Joshua, I'm extremely pleased with them and will use them soon enough.

Some Great Notables here today, always interesting :cool:

Regards, Will

6mcUKnD.jpg

Thanks, Will

I spent a career manufacturing rotating electrical equipment for heavy industry, defense and transportation..... We used a considerable amount of micarta for flash barriers and creepage rings on various equipment...… The micarta held up quite well to the demands of centrifugal forces, temperatures, dielectric stress, etc...……. As a knife handle it is in a very low stress requirement as opposed to its normal industrial applications...……..

Back