Note pad recommendation

I am looking for a note pad holder which will accept 3x5" note cards and which is made from leather or maybe something like the Magpul stuff they use in their wallets and small carryall pouches. Any recommendations? What are you guys using?

As an aside I stayed at a hotel in Washington DC years ago and in the room they had a note pad maybe 6x8" which seemed to be made of a steel base covered in black leather so you could take notes on a soft surface, like a bed. Anyone have anything similar?

We do these:

c0MiRON.jpg

RBTUE0l.jpg

U0vCfMA.jpg

We call em Tally Books.

0307191332-1195x2124.jpg

I use a Maxpedition notebook cover to hold my calving book. Waterproof, tough, made in different sizes and, unfortunately, discontinued.:( They're good if you can find one for sale though.

I came into this thread expecting to see a discussion pertaining to the electric notepads, and make a joke about being old school and thinking the bound paper variety when I hear the word notepad.

Now I have no joke to make when I see I'm not alone in my thinking.

Try Rite in the rain. They make a cover for their waterproof paper notepads, I've been using one at work for years.

Those ones from Horsewright look really nice if you want something in leather. His work is exemplary.

Back