Notice!! A Black Jack!!

[QUOTE="Âchillepattada, post: Even if in Italy times are hard they make some great things .
I've sent two Black Jack to my friend Davide Steri.

Here is the first one :

49720540961_f2958b1b9f_c.jpg

49720011193_0f14649c62_c.jpg

49720847362_bae12e5f1d_c.jpg

- QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Âchillepattada, post: D. Steri has sent me some better pictures :

49724749838_5bac9e7142_c.jpg

49725608762_79ef204512_c.jpg

- QUOTE]
:eek::) OMG, as my kids would say!!! What an honor, to have such a talented hand adorn one of the Waynorths!! A beautiful work of art, and a tribute to Bill's knifemaking!!:thumbsup:
Boy, as I look at it, the knife and the engraving just go together so well!!:cool:
My compliments to Davide!!
I miei complimenti!!
I can only dream of ever owning such a work of art. Your cup overfloweth.

I always like to see those Black Jacks posted JP!!;)

Please tell me, is that an iron trivet acting as a display piece?? It looks cool at any rate!!
Exactly Charlie, it belonged to a Great-Aunt whose job was ironing in a shop downtown. At home she needed only one, one iron used while the second was on the stove. I've been several time in the shop, there was a cheerful atmosphere of yesteryear, four ladies working hard in the slight noise of irons they'd put to warm and the click of the leather handle on the hot iron, no modern things as electrical irons but you would not find the least crease in linen sheets or else.
I found her father's ivory Aurillac in the box containing the pair of irons, the trivet and three leather iron-handles.
I have a friend whose wife collects irons and trivets, she must have at least 30 different. :)

My pleasure :) This is the old/original shape, IIRC, you pointed out it is ivory.:thumbsup:
View attachment 1321612
I wonder if anyone will make an Aurillac like that again?? So cool!!:cool:Thanks for posting everything again, JP!!
I collect just the trivets.:oops:
But they look very architectural to me! My wife sometimes shakes her head!!:D
Mantel 1.jpg Mantel 2.jpg Mantel 3.jpg

I wonder if anyone will make an Aurillac like that again?? So cool!!:cool:Thanks for posting everything again, JP!!
I collect just the trivets.:oops:
But they look very architectural to me! My wife sometimes shakes her head!!:D
View attachment 1322071 View attachment 1322072 View attachment 1322073
Amazing collection! Amazing also to see that shapes are completely different depending of the country. I'll forward he picture to my friend whose wife as the same interest. One day he was complaining of the bulk it represents in the dresser where she keeps them, she replied joking that he was lucky because she had once considered to collect anvils instead (but she has also a few irons). :eek::D:D:D

Very few cutlers have made old Aurillacs, the best being as often by Mathieu Herrero (pipe dream :rolleyes:). Worked bolsters are period correct.
694527P1020331.jpg

These are extremely slim knives.

Last edited:
Back