November BOTM ???

"This is the first limited run of kitchen cleavers that Buck has ever produced." - I read this as Buck has made cleavers in the past, but this is the 1st "limited run cleaver" ??? Has Buck made a cleaver before this one ?

Got my confirmation notice for one; can't wait to see the pictures ! Only 74 54 left - wow these are going to sell out fast. (EDIT - Sold Out in 3 hours 30 minutes from when I recieve my Buck email at 11:01 Pacific time)

Last edited:
Better hurry if you want one! They're down to 19. I can't believe how fast these are going... Although, I made the mistake of passing on the Santoku knife last year and it took me a year to track a used one down (thanks again GPyro GPyro !) so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I really, really hope they come out with a bread knife next year. That would really complete my wife's set. I wouldn't say no to a paring knife, boning knife, or carver either, even though we are stocked on all of those, lol. The ebony wood really makes these something special in my opinion.

I'm loving the November tradition of releasing a kitchen knife for the BotM. :D

Last edited:
I gotta say, 420HC is the absolute perfect steel for this knife. :D

(thanks again GPyro GPyro GPyro GPyro !),
Agreed, and you are very welcome!

I got the text for this at work, while 60 feet in the air in an aerial lift.
"Hey wait, there's a knife I have to buy"...... lol, (they know me ) šŸ˜Š .

I thought this would go quick.
I hope it has a really big handle.
I wonder what edge angle it has.
And I cannot wait to see the box they put it in. That may be fun....?

I agree, I'm glad Buck is doing cutlery now and then...... I use them a lot, and the wife loves 'em too.
:thumbsup:Thanks.

Last edited:

And I cannot wait to see this box they put it in. That may be fun....?

I agree, I'm glad Buck is doing cutlery now and then...... I use them a lot, and the wife loves 'em too.

You must have been in high spirits when you got the text. :p I'll show myself out... Lol. I'm glad you were able to get in on the release! This had to have been one of the fastest sellouts yet.

I could be wrong, but I think this handle is going to be exactly the same as the handle on the Santoku and Chef knife. It looks that way at least. When I first received the Santoku, I thought the handle was slightly different, but they are an exact copy of each other. I think the different blade shapes were just messing with my eyes, lol. Or I'm old and blind. Probably that.

And I cannot wait to see this box they put it in. That may be fun....?

There is a post on Instagram that shows the box. Don't go looking for it if you want to be surprised.

Big thanks to those who posted here, I didn't hear the email notice from Buck at all and would've totally missed out if not for this thread popping off!

Sadly it seems the rosewood chef knife is backordered... but not as part of the kitchen wood block sets... hmm...

Got one! I was helping my brother dig fence post holes all this afternoon and got home just before 5:30pm. Had been thinking and watching about the November BOTM everyday, but for some reason today I completely forgot about it. That and my phone died while working. Got home and just happened to pop my phone on charge and check my email when it turned on. You all came through again! This was the last month I needed for the 6 birthdays in my family. Only 10 left when I ordered, so THANK YOU!

It was over before I knew it started. I wouldn't have thought a cleaver of the month (COTM) would sell that quick. Pics when they arrive.

Mmmm..wow
who would have predicted the demand.
Got the notice from buck via emailā€¦when it dropped
I would not have bought it for $79 bucks.
I thought it was a strange bird for botm offering. Shows I am way out of touchā€¦ha

Last edited:
Back