November BOTM ???

well that was fast---i was at buck when the botm hit--so i went right on fone and ordered---order was confirmed---but i could not pick up at that time --i musta been close to top of list and they shipped right away---fastest order i ever got from buck only 20 miles away......nice!!!!!
i have over 250 meat cleavers and this is the 1st buck cleaver---meat veggies whatever ya want to call it---it is hefty enuff to use for either.... i like it...
View attachment 1684938View attachment 1684939View attachment 1684940View attachment 1684941View attachment 1684942View attachment 1684943
Is it a flat or hollow grind?

Ours is getting some use today. A5 Japanese Wagyu. :D

A serving size is only supposed to be 1oz - 2oz, so I'll be breaking these up into eight ~4oz servings (because 'Merica). It comes in frozen, and I don’t want to thaw it all the way and refreeze the extra, so the cleaver should be just the ticket. :)

HfXOaEb.jpg

rNxK3eX.jpg

Last edited:
Ours is getting some use today. A5 Japanese Wagyu. :D

A serving size is only supposed to be 1oz - 2oz, so I'll be breaking these up into eight ~4oz servings (because 'Merica).

HfXOaEb.jpg

rNxK3eX.jpg

nice. enjoy it.

for a second there, the sku# i thought i read... ."GOOOD". then I zoomed in the pic on my phone and saw it was 60000.

Well.. it's under a hundred dollars a pound..But it really looks great! I watched a PBS special filmed in Japan and they really do give the cows beer and a massage! KathyJo's Dad on the other hand believed in shooting his Deer in the head with his 257 Weatherby while they were in there bed because the meat would be more tender..

"This is the first limited run of kitchen cleavers that Buck has ever produced." - I read this as Buck has made cleavers in the past, but this is the 1st "limited run cleaver" ??? Has Buck made a cleaver before this one ?

Got my confirmation notice for one; can't wait to see the pictures ! Only 74 54 left - wow these are going to sell out fast. (EDIT - Sold Out in 3 hours 30 minutes from when I recieve my Buck email at 11:01 Pacific time)

This is the response I received from Buck - "This BOTM was the first production cleaver that Buck has produced. There may have been some very early handmade cleavers made by Hoyt and Al Buck but they were never part of any Buck catalog."

1st Cleaver, very cool !

Enjoy the Holidays !

This is the response I received from Buck - "This BOTM was the first production cleaver that Buck has produced. There may have been some very early handmade cleavers made by Hoyt and Al Buck but they were never part of any Buck catalog."

1st Cleaver, very cool !

Enjoy the Holidays !
Based on how quickly they sold out, I'm guessing it won't be the last!

Maybe Buck could make it part of a special Custom shop LE kitchen set? Can you picture one with Elk handles? Buck has never been afraid of making high end expensive sets of knives. I wish Buck would expand the Custom shop but Leroy and other Custom makers WILL make your dream come true..

Welp, I found a job that was too big for the cleaver to handle, lol. Costco had a special on whole, prime, top loins!

bByK6Pp.jpg

Had to bust out the Victorinox 10" butcher, lol. I ended up getting ten 1.5" steaks, and two 1.25" steaks. :D With the price of meat skyrocketing, I feel like under $10 a pound for Prime New York Strip is a pretty solid deal.

IykPQZO.jpg

Back